Two firefighters-turned-management-consultants provide organizations with an innovative way to transform executives into inspirational leaders.
• Shows how to inspire passion in your workforce
• Explores what ordinary people need to do to deliver extraordinary results
• Raises the stakes of the business game by equating success with survival—something firefighters do every day
• Employs numerous examples from the business world as well as from firefighting
• Presents applications that have been proven through the authors' consulting business
|Sold by:||Barnes & Noble|
|File size:||556 KB|
About the Author
Tom Pandola is a director of communications in the air medical transportation industry.
James W. Bird served with the Los Angeles City Fire Department for 24 years, rising to the rank of captain and distinguishing himself as an innovative leader.
Table of Contents
Part 1 Improve Your Process 1
1 Ordinary People Responding to Extraordinary Situations 3
2 CPR for Business Success 27
3 Creating Continuous Incremental Improvement 57
Part 2 Empower Your People 73
4 You Go … I Go: Anatomy of High-Performance Teamwork 75
5 10 Success Orders for Business Firenghting 99
6 Goal Assurance System 119
Part 3 Transform Your Culture 135
7 The Two Most Important Questions for Project Managers 137
8 Igniting a Class 1 Culture 155
9 Conclusion: The Spark That Ignites 167
What People are Saying About This
"Light a Fire Under Your Business draws fascinating comparisons between firefighting and business management that will change the way you lead. Pandola and Bird's powerful message is for all professionals who want not just to be leaders, but trusted, effective leaders!"