Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher
Discover the freedom of open roads with Lonely Planet's Ireland's Best Trips, your passport to up-to-date advice on uniquely encountering Ireland by car. Featuring 34 amazing road trips, from 2-day escapes to 2-week adventures, you can explore the brooding loneliness of Connemara and the exquisite peninsulas of the southwest, all with your trusted travel companion. Get to Ireland, rent a car, and hit the road!
Inside Lonely Planet's Ireland's Best Trips:
- Lavish colour and gorgeous photography throughout
- Itineraries and planning advice to pick the right tailored routes for your needs and interests
- Get around easily - 34 easy-to-read, full-colour route maps, detailed directions
- Insider tips to get around like a local, avoid trouble spots and be safe on the road - local driving rules, parking, toll roads
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Useful features - including Driving Problem Buster, Detours, and Link Your Trip
- Covers Dublin, Ennis, Cork, Galway, Belfast, the Dingle Peninsula, Wexford, Waterford, Killarney, Limerick, Westport, Tralee, Kenmare, Ring of Kerry, Connemara, Glendalough, Doolin, Derry, Bangor and more
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet's Ireland's Best Trips is perfect for exploring Ireland via the road and discovering sights that are more accessible by car.
- Planning an Irish trip sans a car? Lonely Planet's Ireland guide, our most comprehensive guide to Ireland, is perfect for exploring both top sights and lesser-known gems.
- Looking for a guide focused on Dublin? Check out Lonely Planet's Dublin guide for a comprehensive look at all the city has to offer, or Pocket Dublin a handy-sized guide focused on the can't-miss sights for a quick trip.
About Lonely Planet: Since 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel media company with guidebooks to every destination, an award-winning website, mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveller community. Lonely Planet covers must-see spots but also enables curious travellers to get off beaten paths to understand more of the culture of the places in which they find themselves. The world awaits!
Lonely Planet guides have won the TripAdvisor Traveler's Choice Award in 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, and 2016.
'Lonely Planet. It's on everyone's bookshelves; it's in every traveller's hands. It's on mobile phones. It's on the Internet. It's everywhere, and it's telling entire generations of people how to travel the world.' -- Fairfax Media
'Lonely Planet guides are, quite simply, like no other.' - New York Times
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
I used this book as a jumping off point for our whirlwind driving vacation around the entire Emerald Isle. The book provided a great reference of where to go and what to see. I would have loved morespecific references of where photos used in teh book were taken, though we were able to find many of the locations we wanetd through exploration on our own. we didn't drive any one single trip start-to-finish, but the book provided great help on driving many of the passes and pointed out smaller, lesser known sights that we might have driven by without knowing. A great resource to use in your planning, I highly reccomend this book!