Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher
Discover the freedom of open roads with Lonely Planet's Italy's Best Trips, your passport to up-to-date advice on uniquely encountering Italy via l'auto. Featuring 38 amazing road trips, from 2-day escapes to 2-week adventures, you can weave along the precarious Amalfi Coast or relish a sunny drive in Tuscan hills, all with your trusted travel companion. Get to Italy, rent a car, and hit the road!
Inside Lonely Planet's Italy's Best Trips:
- Lavish colour and gorgeous photography throughout
- Itineraries and planning advice to pick the right tailored routes for your needs and interests
- Get around easily - 38 easy-to-read, full-colour route maps, detailed directions
- Insider tips to get around like a local, avoid trouble spots and be safe on the road - local driving rules, parking, toll roads
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Useful features - including Driving Problem Buster, Detours, and Link Your Trip
- Covers Rome, Venice, Pompeii, Dolomites, Cinque Terre, Florence, Amalfi Coast, Lake Como, Valle d'Aosta, Tuscany, Milan, Piedmont, Italian Riviera, Abruzzo, Umbria, Emilia-Romagna, Naples, Puglia, Sardinia, Sicily and more
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet's Italy's Best Trips is perfect for exploring Italy via the road and discovering sights that are more accessible by car.
- Planning an Italian trip sans a car? Lonely Planet's Italy guide, our most comprehensive guide to Italy, is perfect for exploring both top sights and lesser-known gems.
- Looking for a guide focused on a specific Italian city? Check out Lonely Planet's Lonely Planet's Rome guide, Florence & Tuscany guide, and Venice & the Veneto guide for a comprehensive look at all that these cities have to offer. Pocket Rome, Pocket Florence & Tuscany or Pocket Venice are handy-sized guides focused on the can't-miss sights for a quick trip.
About Lonely Planet: Since 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel media company with guidebooks to every destination, an award-winning website, mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveller community. Lonely Planet covers must-see spots but also enables curious travellers to get off beaten paths to understand more of the culture of the places in which they find themselves. The world awaits!
Lonely Planet guides have won the TripAdvisor Traveler's Choice Award in 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, and 2016.
'Lonely Planet. It's on everyone's bookshelves; it's in every traveller's hands. It's on mobile phones. It's on the Internet. It's everywhere, and it's telling entire generations of people how to travel the world.' Fairfax Media
'Lonely Planet guides are, quite simply, like no other.' - New York Times