Perfect for new and longtime Mac users, this no-fluff guide to OS X Lion is packed with details on system preferences, the desktop, built-in applications, and utilities. You'll also find step-by-step instructions for printing, scanning, networking, sharing, troubleshooting, and going online. A Windows glossary makes switching to Mac (mostly) painless, and keyboard mavens will find a complete list of keyboard shortcuts.
New features covered include iCloud, Mission Control, Full-Screen Apps, Launchpad, Resume, Auto Save, Versions, Mac App Store, AirDrop, and multitouch gestures.
- See live previews of documents, pictures, and folders.
- Use Mission Control to juggle all your open windows and desktops.
- Dock programs, documents, and folders for one-click access.
- Use iCloud to store your files and settings online and sync them wirelessly across your Macs, Windows PCs, and iOS devices.
- Get instant search results for documents, pictures, music, email, programs, and more.
- Share files and printers on your home network.
- Connect to wireless networks with a couple of clicks.
- Set up and manage printers, scanners, and other devices.
- Download and install OS X, apps, and updates from the Mac App Store.
- Secure your data from thieves and snoops.
- Plenty of tips, tricks, and timesavers.
- Fully cross-referenced, linked, and searchable.
1. OS X Basics
2. The Desktop
3. System Preferences
4. Files, Folders, and Drives
5. Programs and Documents
6. Printing, Faxing, and Fonts
7. Networks and Sharing
8. Online Connections
9. Security and Privacy
10. Maintenance and Backups
11. Switching from Windows
12. Keyboard Shortcuts
|Publisher:||Questing Vole Press|
|Sold by:||Barnes & Noble|
|File size:||5 MB|
About the Author