- Pub. Date:
The Berenstain Bears: Mama’s Helpers—part of the popular Zonderkidz Living Lights series of books—is perfect for:
- Early readers ages 4-8
- Teaching new readers how to sound out words and use context clues
- Teaching children how to perform good deeds
- Sparking intentional conversations about responsibility, commitment, and the importance of biblical values
The Berenstain Bears: Mama’s Helpers is an addition to the Living Lights™ series that:
- Features the hand-drawn artwork of the Berenstain family
- Continues in the much-loved footsteps of Stan and Jan Berenstain in this Berenstain Bears series of books
- Is part of one of the bestselling children’s book series ever created, with more than 250 books published and nearly 300 million copies sold to date
Related collections and offers
|Series:||I Can Read! / Berenstain Bears / Good Deed Scouts / Living Lights: A Faith Story|
|Product dimensions:||5.80(w) x 8.80(h) x 0.20(d)|
|Age Range:||4 - 7 Years|
About the Author
Stan and Jan Berenstain introduced the first Berenstain Bears books in 1962. Mike Berenstain grew up watching his parents work together to write about and draw these lovable bears. Eventually he started drawing and writing about them too. Though Stan died in 2005 and Jan in 2012, Mike continues to create the delightful Bear adventures from his studio in Pennsylvania, in an area that looks much like the sunny dirt road deep in Bear Country.
Read an Excerpt
The Berenstain Bears' Mama's HelpersI Can Read!/Berenstain Bears/Good Deed Scouts/Living Lights
By Jan Berenstain Mike Berenstain
ZondervanCopyright © 2011 Berenstain Publishing, Inc.
All right reserved.
Chapter OneThe Good Deed Scouts were up bright and early.
They were having breakfast at the Bear family's tree house.
"What shall our good deed be today?" asked Scout Lizzy.
Scout Brother had an idea.
"Mama could use some help," he said.
"We will be Mama's helpers today," said Scout Sister.
"That will be our good deed."
"As the Bible says," pointed out Scout Fred, "'honor your father and your mother.'"
"Good point, Fred," said Brother.
Excerpted from The Berenstain Bears' Mama's Helpers by Jan Berenstain Mike Berenstain Copyright © 2011 by Berenstain Publishing, Inc.. Excerpted by permission of Zondervan. All rights reserved. No part of this excerpt may be reproduced or reprinted without permission in writing from the publisher.
Excerpts are provided by Dial-A-Book Inc. solely for the personal use of visitors to this web site.