This comprehensive textbook covers a wide range of topics, including planning, strategy development, leading, marketing, fundraising, budgeting, finance, staffing, and operations. The book takes an interdisciplinary approach as it explores how arts managers and leaders can develop equitable, collaborative, and dynamic organizations that bring communities together to experience all the arts have to offer. It also includes illustrations, tables, tools, techniques, and case studies that can be applied in a wide range of visual and performing arts organizations. Each chapter features terms, learning outcomes, real world examples, and discussion questions designed to help students build skills, develop strategies, and understand options to consider in meeting the challenges faced by cultural organizations.
New to this edition:
- An extensive focus on how arts managers and organizations can successfully engage in developing and implementing equity, diversity, and inclusion programs
- Expanded content on leadership, marketing, social media, and fundraising theories, practices, and ethics
- Updated content about planning and assessment, business models, entrepreneurship, and heuristics
- Expanded coverage of organizational culture and its impact on programming, operations, and inclusion
- Additional perspectives about leading in the arts, examination of theories of motivation and communication, and expanded discussion on leadership ethics
- Integration of topics on operations, budgeting, and finance including technology and CRM systems
Suggested additional readings, website links, and a broad array of other resources have been carefully gathered to help faculty guide students of Performing Arts programs and Arts Management courses as they explore what is required to work with artists, board members, staff, funders, volunteers, and community leaders.
Management and the Arts includes access to a companion website featuring a sample syllabus, additional project assignments, suggested resources, and chapter-by-chapter PowerPoint slides (www.managementand thearts.com).
|Publisher:||Taylor & Francis|
|Edition description:||6th ed.|
|Product dimensions:||7.00(w) x 10.00(h) x (d)|