Photoshop's layers are arguably the most powerful aspect of the software's user interface and are the key to successful image editing in Photoshop. Layers allow for both global and local adjustments to images and can be used to create a number of special effects. Best of all, layers allow for nondestructive editing of your original image. New Photoshop users often see layers as too complicated, and they miss out on the program's full potential.
This book will remove the confusion factor by providing an in-depth introduction to layers. Clear, step-by-step instructions and illustrations help the reader quickly master the tools that are relevant for photographers.
In this book you will learn about:
- Working with and building multiple layers
- Blending layers and which Options to use
- Using layers to enhance and retouch your images
- Creating and using layer masks
- Creating luminosity and saturation layer masks
- Using Smart Objects and Smart Filters
- Advanced layer techniques
- Time-saving shortcuts, tips, and tricks
|Sold by:||Barnes & Noble|
|File size:||66 MB|
|Note:||This product may take a few minutes to download.|
About the Author
Juergen Gulbins has extensive experience in writing, technology, desktop publishing, designing high-end document archival systems, and digital photography. He is a prolific author who has written and translated books on topics such as CAD, Unix, DTP, typography, Internet, document management, Linux, and various aspects of digital photography. He has been a passionate photographer most of his life.