This full-color, soft-cover pattern book includes instructions for building a lightweight, easy-to-carry, free-standing closet from PVC pipe. The 18-inch hanging rod provides ample room to hang several outfits using doll-sized hangers that fit a 1/2-inch rod. Instructions are also included to adapt the frame to fit hangers requiring a slightly smaller rod diameter by substituting CPVC pipe for the hanging rod.
In addition to the closet frame, instructions include pattern pieces and step-by-step photos to guide the confident beginning sewist through construction of the fabric caddy at the base of the closet. Options include a separate base insert to lend stability, as well as a sewn-in, "invisible" version for the more advanced sewist. Also included are optional dividers attached with hook-and-loop tape. Make as few or as many dividers as you wish and rearrange them in whatever manner works best to organize all of your doll's essentials!
Matilda's Closet Caddy would make a handy display tool for craft fairs and trade shows, as well as a great gift for the doll-lovers in your life!
- Two 10-foot Schedule 40 rigid 1/2-inch PVC pipes (cut pieces total approximately 16 feet, not accounting for waste).
- PVC 1/2-inch fittings (slip): four 3-ways*, six 4-ways*, 8 elbows (45°), 2 elbows (90°)
- Optional CPVC hanger rod substitution (for smaller size hangers): 12 3/4 inches almond color CPVC CTS 1/2-inch pipe, two 3/4×1/2-inch CPVC reducing coupler fittings
- Optional: sandpaper (medium and fine grit), spray paint for plastic, contact cement
- 2/3 yard main fabric (cotton, lightweight denim, cotton duck, lightweight canvas) for caddy exterior
- 2/3 to 1 1/3 yards fabric (cotton, lightweight denim, cotton duck, lightweight canvas) for lining and optional caddy dividers
- For optional caddy dividers: 40 inches of 3/4-inch hook-and-loop tape
- For optional base insert: chipboard, cardboard or 1/8-inch plywood (approximately 12×16 inches)
- Small handheld PVC pipe cutter, hacksaw or miter saw
- Measuring tape or yardstick
- Sewing machine
- Rubber mallet
- Box cutter or X-ACTO knife
- Self-healing mat
* These sometimes hard-to-find PVC project supplies are available directly from Club Matilda!
Base Caddy: 18 in. long x 9 1/4 inches wide x 6 inches tall
Overall: 18 inches long x 9 1/4 inches wide x 18 1/2 inches tall
|Product dimensions:||8.50(w) x 11.02(h) x 0.14(d)|
About the Author
Matilda Jo Originals focuses on providing modern designs with realistic details. In addition, the underlying goal of the business is to provide a positive role model for young girls, offering ideas, projects and pursuits designed to inspire big dreams.
All patterns are designed to be user-friendly, with step-by-step full-color photo instructions. Patterns are fully tested before release by the "Team Tillie Testers" and support is always available directly from Kristin via email and various other online platforms. Kristin likes to say that using her patterns is "like having Matilda Jo sitting in your sewing room guiding you through the process!"
In addition to titles available on Amazon, all patterns and various other supporting products are available directly from the company website, in addition to a wide variety of tutorials, contests and other resources.