Uh-oh, it looks like your Internet Explorer is out of date.
For a better shopping experience, please upgrade now.
Deploy and Maintain an Integrated MDS Architecture
Harness your master data and grow revenue while reducing administrative costs. Thoroughly revised to cover the latest MDS features, Microsoft SQL Server 2012
Master Data Services, Second Edition shows how to implement and manage a centralized, customer-focused MDS framework. See how to accurately model business processes, load and cleanse data, enforce business rules, eliminate redundancies, and publish data to external systems. Security, SOA and Web services, and legacy data integration are also covered in this practical guide.
- Install Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Master Data Services
- Build custom MDS models and entityspecific staging tables
- Load and cleanse data from disparate sources
- Logically group assets into collections and hierarchies
- Ensure integrity using versioning and business rules
- Configure security at functional, object, and attribute levels
- Extend functionality with SOA and Web services
- Facilitate collaboration using the MDS Excel Add-In
- Export data to subscribing systems through SQL views
|Publisher:||McGraw-Hill Professional Publishing|
|Product dimensions:||7.30(w) x 9.10(h) x 1.10(d)|
About the Author
Tyler Graham is Director of Industry Solutions for the Profisee Group, a master data management software company focused on delivering enterprise-grade MDM capabilities on the MDS platform. He moved to Profisee after completing the latest release of Master Data Services as a Senior Program Manager for Microsoft. He has spent more than ten years in the data management space and is a frequent speaker at conferences.
Table of Contents
Chapter 2MDS Installation
Chapter 3Getting Ready
Chapter 4Creating Your Model
Chapter 6Hierarchy & Collection
Chapter 8Business Rules
Chapter 10Excel Add-in
Chapter 12Subscription Views
Chapter 13Web Services
Chapter 13Modeling & Mapping