In this illustrated picture book, young readers will learn about:
- The markings on a baseball diamond
- What baseball players wear
- The positions, from catcher to left fielder
- The excitement of the pitch
- The thrill of hitting a home run
Glossary for baseball terms included.
About the Author
Gail Gibbons, author of more than one hundred books, is the winner of the Washington Post/Children’s Book Guild Award for her overall contribution to children’s nonfiction literature. Called a “master of picture book nonfiction” by ALA Booklist, Ms. Gibbons has a special talent for making complex subjects understandable and entertaining for young readers.