No Is a Beautiful Word is designed and crafted for people whose plate is full, whose margin is thin, and whose life feels overloaded. They are looking for help, relief, and wisdom to navigate the countless options that life offers on a daily basis.
This book is needed by people who:
- Go to bed with a "To Do" list that never seems to get totally done.
- Kindly say, "Yes" and secretly regret it five minutes later.
- Feel pain and live with guilt when they have to say, "No."
- Were taught that "No" is a dirty word.
- Believe that saying "No" is a sign of weakness.
- Feel trapped by unwise past commitments.
- Want to say "Yes" to what matters most in life but are too exhausted.
- Know that their life is out of balance and are seeking to fix it!
It will be valuable for:
- Leaders who have a tough time making the hard decisions because they fear hurting someone's feelings.
- Executives who feel over extended and pressed to the edges of their capacity.
- Parents who feel overworked and under appreciated.
- Students who are trying to balance the intensity of school, work, and their relational world.
- Retired people who find themselves saying, with subtle humor but aching regret, "I am more busy now than I have ever been!"
- Single people who go to bed at night exhausted because the day left no margin and offered no oasis of peace.
- Married people who love their life but secretly dream about time to play, space to relax, and taking a nap.
No Is a Beautiful Word is designed to be read briskly, chewed on thoroughly, and acted on practically. The chapters are brief by intention. They range from one paragraph (that's right, some chapters are only a few sentences long!) to four pages.
The goal of this book is give people clear concepts, paint a picture of what it looks like to live out the idea, and then move on to the next thought. The vision is to help people learn to say "No" to the things that don't matter (or don't matter as much) so they can say "Yes" to the things that bring life, hope, peace, and lasting meaning.
Related collections and offers
|Product dimensions:||5.40(w) x 8.20(h) x 0.70(d)|
About the Author
Table of ContentsIntroduction The Buffet
Preface A Thousand Nos
Section One Welcome to the World of No
Chapter 1 No Definition
Chapter 2 Every Yes Is a No
Chapter 3 Every No Is a Yes
Chapter 4 No is a Beautiful Word
Chapter 5 The Joy of No
Chapter 6 God No
Chapter 7 Positively Negative
Section Two Know Your Nos
Chapter 8 Not All Nos Are Created Equal
Chapter 9 No, Never, and Don’t Ask Me Again
Chapter 10 No, But Maybe Some Other Time
Chapter 11 No, But I Know Someone
Chapter 12 No, But I Have an Idea
Chapter 13 No, But I Am Flattered
Chapter 14 No, and Can I Give You Some Advice?
Chapter 15 No Thank You
Section Three Picking Your Nos
Chapter 16 Spare Your Nos
Chapter 17 Strategic Nos
Chapter 18 Scary Nos
Chapter 19 Dangerous Nos
Chapter 20 No Stalling
Chapter 21 No to the No Monster
Section Four No Strategy
Chapter 22 No Margin
Chapter 23 No Pie for You
Chapter 24 No Guts
Chapter 25 Hard Nos (amazing Opportunities)
Chapter 26 Your Life Will Be Defined by Your Nos
Chapter 27 No More
Chapter 28 No Morality
Chapter 29 Telling Me No
Chapter 30 Telling You No
Chapter 31 Heavenly No
Chapter 32 Big Nos
Section Five Critical Nos
Chapter 33 No Temptation
Chapter 34 No Body
Chapter 35 No Seduction
Chapter 36 No Boundaries
Chapter 37 No Eyes
Chapter 38 No Words
Section Six No Results
Chapter 39 No Honesty
Chapter 40 No Nos
Chapter 41 No Apologies
Chapter 42 No Fun
Chapter 43 No Way
Chapter 44 No Priorities
Chapter 45 No Limits
Chapter 46 No Understanding
Chapter 47 The Freedom of No
Section Seven The Freedom of Yes
Chapter 48 Thoughtful Yes
Chapter 49 Reflexive Yes
Chapter 50 Yes Habits
Chapter 51 God Yes
Closing Thoughts Feasting On the Yes