- Get it by Friday, September 29 , Order now and choose Expedited Delivery during checkout.
Paint 16 scenes that conjure the romance of the sea
Seagulls cawing, the meeting of sky and sea, the hypnotic ebb and flow of waves breaking on the shoreit's no wonder artists are drawn to the magic of the sea. Jacqueline Penney has lived near the water and been inspired by its many moods for over 30 years. In this book, she shares her favorite techniques and expert tricks for capturing the atmosphere and romance of the ocean in acrylics.
- 16 gorgeous painting projectsfrom beautiful sunrises and a romantic walk along the beach, to scenes featuring lobster boats and lighthouses
- Step-by-step instruction for painting a wide range of seascape elements including waves, skies, sand dunes, reflections, driftwood, grasses, rocks, sailboats, fishing shacks and more
- Techniques for painting pebbly beaches, ocean spray, weather-worn rocks and other realistic textures
- Creative variations to explore, including two-piece artworks, painting with a palette knife and moonlit scenes
Complete with a gallery of finished paintings that deliver waves of inspiration to water-loving artists of every skill level.
|Product dimensions:||8.20(w) x 10.70(h) x 0.40(d)|
About the Author
Jacqueline Penney is a well-known artist and very successful author who has maintained her Penney Gallery/Studio on the North Fork of Long Island for the past thirty-five years. She captures the charming moods of the seascape in her colorful and inviting paintings.