Calvin commenting on 1 Timothy 3:15 in his commentary on the Pastoral Epistles wrote, “The reason why the church is called the pillar of truth is, that, she defends and spread it by her agency. … the office of administering doctrine, which God hath placed in her hands, is the only instrument of preserving the truth, that it may not perish from the remembrance of men.” Doctrine needs particular attention in the church and teaching is the means by which the truth of God’s Word is to be propagated and preserved in this age and in the church.
The church must not relinquish her “office of administering doctrine” nor loose her place as the pillar and ground of truth in this world. As the pillar of truth she must stand for and proclaim the truth of the Word of God, she must teach and affirm it constantly, and she must defend it tirelessly.
Inroads have been made to weaken the church through the areas that the church members are ignorant of what the Word of God teaches. Where the church has not taught, and in areas of doctrines that have been negligent in, the enemy has found open doors. This has been a burden, and is part of why this work has been pursued. Bible teaching was the main stay of church life in the New Testament. May it be so today!
About the Author
Address: Faith College of the Bible.
P. O. Box 158 Eldoret, 30100,
Email - email@example.com
Tel No. +254-734450827 or +254-718611466
EDUCATION AND TRAINING:
• 2017-2020 Doctor of Religious Education (in ministry program) at Far Eastern Bible
• Dissertation: Pastors as Teachers: The Teaching Ministry of the Church and Its
Role in the Strengthening of the Church in Kenya Today.
• 2005-2006 Master of Theology at Far Eastern Bible College, Singapore.
• Thesis: Biblical Greek Exegesis.
• 2003-2005 Master of Divinity at Far Eastern Bible College, Singapore.
• Thesis: Biblical Greek Syntax.
• 2001-2004 Bachelor of Theology at Far Eastern Bible College, Singapore.
• Thesis: The Identity of the Unsaved.
• 2000 a one year study at Bomet Bible Institute, Kenya.
• 1994-1997 Diploma in Electrical Power Engineering at the Mombasa Polytechnic,
• 2010- to date: Lecturer at Faith College of the Bible, Eldoret Kenya.
• 2010- to date: Visiting Instructor at Bomet Bible Institute, Bomet Kenya.
• 2012-2013 Visiting Instructor at Kisumu Bible School, Kisumu Kenya.
• 2007-2009 Instructor at Bomet Bible Institute, Bomet Kenya.
• 2007-2009 Visiting Instructor at Faith College of the Bible, Eldoret Kenya.
• 2005-2006 Teaching Assistant at Far Eastern Bible College, Singapore.
• 2010- to date: Pastor at Holy Trinity Church in Africa - Eldoret Parish, Eldoret
• 2019- to date: Independent Tribunal Committee Chairman of Holy Trinity Church in Africa
Table of Contents
ABSTRACT ___________________________________________________________ 3
DEDICATIONS ________________________________________________________ 4
CONTENTS ___________________________________________________________ 5
INTRODUCTION _______________________________________________________ 8
CHAPTER I: BIBLICAL BASIS FOR THE TEACHING MINISTRY OF THE CHURCH ______ 23
CHAPTER II: HISTORICAL EXAMPLES OF SOUND TEACHING MINISTRY ___________ 58
CHAPTER III: TEACHING AVENUES AVAILABLE FOR THE CHURCH TODAY ________ 112
CHAPTER IV: THE CURRENT STATE OF BIBLE TEACHING IN THE CHURCH IN KENYA 177
CHAPTER V: PRESCRIPTIONS AND SUGGESTIONS FOR STRENGTHENING THE
TEACHING MINISTRY OF THE CHURCH ___________________________________ 200
CONCLUSION _______________________________________________________ 254
BIBLIOGRAPHY _____________________________________________________ 255
ABOUT THE AUTHOR ________________________________________________ 272
CURRICULUM VITAE _________________________________________________ 272