While the HTML5 specification is still evolving, there is a lot that can be used right now to build mobile web apps. Mobile web apps are now starting to provide many of the features that were once only available to native-language-based apps in Java, Objective-C, etc. Pro Android Web Apps teaches developers already familiar with web application development, how to code and structure a web app for use on the Android mobile platform.
- Understand both the why and how of mobile web app development, focusing on the Android platform.
- Learn how to structure mobile web apps through a number of practical, real-world application examples.
- Discover what cloud platforms such as Google AppEngine have to offer Android web apps, for both hosting web apps and providing device to cloud data synchronization solutions.
- Get a real picture of the status of HTML5 on Android and other mobile devices, including some things to watch out for when building your own applications.
- Understand the capabilities of the web application stack, and how to complement those with native bridging frameworks such as PhoneGap to access native features of the device.
- Gain an understanding of the different UI frameworks that are available for building mobile web apps.
- Learn how to include mapping and leverage location-based services in mobile web apps to create engaging mobile experiences.
- Enable social integration with your Android web app and gain access to millions of potential users.
After reading this book, you will not only have a greater understanding of the world of web apps on Android, but also how to leverage additional tools and frameworks to increase the reach of your mobile web apps. Additionally, through the practical samples in the book you will have been given solid exposure of where both the opportunities and challenges lie when building mobile apps the web way.
|Edition description:||1st ed.|
|Product dimensions:||7.40(w) x 9.20(h) x 1.20(d)|
About the Author
Table of Contents
- Getting Started
- Building a Mobile HTML Entry Form
- HTML5 Storage APIs
- Constructing a Multipage App
- Synchronizing with the Cloud
- Competing with Native Apps
- Exploring Interactivity
- Location Based Services and Mobile Mapping
- Native Bridging with PhoneGap
- Integrating with Social APIs
- Mobile UI Frameworks Compared
- Polishing andPackaging an App for Release
- The Future of Mobile Computing
- Appendix: Debugging Android Web Apps
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
A giant white statue of a human looks down, a moonshaft shines on a small bush. The bush has many different things, greyish berries, green tufts of vile nastiness, leaves that smell sweeter than the brightly colored flowers, flowers of every color, chalked with a clear white liquid, buds that look like bees/, and stems that smell terribly bitter. A platform around the plant says: <p> F&sigma&real p&sigma<_>is&sigma&eta &sigma<_>f D&sigma&sigmaℳ&beta∈&real&real&gamma<_>, s∈∈<_>k &tau<_>h∈ &beta∈∈<_>-&beta&upsilon<_>d, g&real<_>i&eta<_>d i&eta&tau&sigma fi&eta∈ p&sigma&omega<_>d∈&real &alpha&eta<_>d ℳ<_>ix &omega<_>i&tau<_>h j&upsilon<_>ic∈ &sigma<_>f S&omega∈∈&tau<_>-l∈&alpha<_>f &alpha&eta<_>d ℳ<_>ilk &sigma<_>f ℳ&sigma&tau<_>h∈&real<_>Fl&sigma&omega∈&real &tau&sigma cu&real∈<_>, &beta&upsilon&tau &alpha<_>ppl&gamma &beta∈<_>f&sigma&real∈ &tau<_>h∈ fi&real<_>s&tau s&upsilon&eta<_>s∈&tau si&eta<_>c∈ &tau<_>h∈ &beta&alpha&tau&tau<_>l∈<_>, &sigma&real vic&tau&sigmaℳ &omega<_>ill s&upsilon&real∈<_>l&gamma di∈<_>. <p> &tau&sigma h∈&alpha<_>l &gamma&sigma&upsilon ℳ&upsilon<_>s&tau f∈∈<_>d &tau<_>h∈ s&upsilon&beta<_>j∈<_>c&tau<_>, &omega<_>i&tau<_>h l&sigma<_>vi&eta<_>g h&alpha&eta<_>ds, &tau<_>h∈ &eta∈<_>c&tau&real &sigma<_>f &tau<_>h∈ C&sigma<_>l&sigma&real Fl&sigma&omega∈&real<_>. <p> &tau &real∈<_>viv∈ &alpha&eta&gamma sick&eta∈<_>ss &gamma&sigma&upsilon g&real<_>i&eta<_>d &alpha<_>ll i&eta<_>g&real∈<_>di∈&eta&tau<_>s i&eta&tau&sigma &alpha &tau<_>hick p&alpha<_>s&tau∈<_>, &alpha&eta<_>d f∈∈<_>d &tau&sigma s&upsilon&beta<_>j∈<_>c&tau<_>.