And Dr. Joshua Straub has good news for you: You can do it!
You don’t need to do all the “right” things as a parent. Both science and the Bible show us that the most important thing we can provide for our kids is a place of emotional safety. In other words, the posture from which we parent matters infinitely more than the techniques of parenting.
Emotional safety—more than any other factor—is scientifically linked to raising kids who live, love, and lead well. Learn how to use emotional safety as a foundation from which you parent—and make a cultural impact that could change the world!
In Safe House, Dr. Straub draws from his extensive research and personal experience to help you:
- Foster healthy identity and social development in children of any age
- Win the war without getting overwhelmed in the daily battles
- Discipline in a way that builds relationship
- Understand how the culture is affecting your child and what you can do about it
- Cultivate responsible, self-regulating behavior in your kids
- Establish an unshakeable sense of faith, morality, and values in your home
- Feel more confident and peaceful as a parent
- Find a greater perspective on parenting than what you might see on a daily basis
Also includes a Safe House Parenting Assessment.
Related collections and offers
|Publisher:||The Crown Publishing Group|
|Product dimensions:||6.00(w) x 9.00(h) x 0.55(d)|
About the Author
Table of Contents
Foreword Dr. Meg Meeker ix
Part 1 Why Emotional Safety-and Your Story-Matter
1 Can Parenting Really Be This Simple? 3
2 You Are Home: A Safe House Begins with You 16
3 Your Story, Your Kid's Brain, and the Science of Safety 33
Part 2 Building a Safe House
4 The Four Walls of a Safe House 53
5 Explore and Protect 70
6 Grace and Truth 92
7 Safe Discipline 110
8 Nurturing Our Child's Brain from Infancy Through Adolescence 127
Part 3 A Safe Village
9 The Bible and Safe Parenting 147
10 A Safe Marriage 164
11 Establishing Faith 182