Hard-boiled neo-pulpy crime fiction at its gritty best.
In this collection of ELEVEN darkly twisted short stories author Verge Le Noir comes out with pulpy crime- fiction guns blazing. Producing stories infused with black humor, violence, grit, panache, unexpected twists, and snap crackle dialogue spewed by true to life characters you will not soon forget. Includes the stories:
- A Gentleman's Guide to Eating Lobster— everything changes for journalist Grace Parker—Woods when a handsome playboy pays her a visit.
- Black Day—Salty Point is a town on the verge of social collapse, engineer by the towns Sheriff.
- Cherish—a small time drug dealer, a lovely striper and her jealous boyfriend find each other, producing dire consequences for the trio.
- Diamond Wet Dogs—three thieves on the high seas, find themselves in the middle of a storm, with Mother Nature and each other.
- East Village Sonatina—a loveless East Village eccentric dreads the changes to the neighborhood while dealing with his new movie-star neighbors.
- Exit Wounds—in the middle of battle a young wounded soldier wishes for a dirty martini takes us on a journey of friendship, war, love and a Dominican style thanksgiving.
- Half-Past Dead—Alpha, Cypher and Wolfie managed to break into a Federal Reserve vault, in the worse night in New York's City's history.
- Love & Other Strangers—lovers' Gemma and Dewy are hoping for a big payday from Gemma's ex upon returning a forgery plate.
- Suburban Postcard—Jake 'J.J.' Jamison did his time for bank robbery, his partner didn't, now J. J. wants his cut. But people change.
- The Lucky Bones—young Zander Grey's life was out of control, until a gangster pushes him to join the military, thereby changing the young man's life, but is it for the better?
- The Devil Makes Three— a young bishop guided by an old Ute elder look for a long lost gold mine. Inspired by the legend of the lost gold mine in the Uintah Mountains.
So sit back, relax—if you can—and get lost in a world of sociopaths, twisted and often violent winding roads. A world in which you might just want to be a tourist as hot shell casings fly all over the place, each carrying its own unique story.