The Bible contains more mind-blowing information than most of us can possibly imagine, and it's anything but trivia. It's tons of biblical facts...and big yet neglected ideas that we all need to know and understand.
In this sequel to his bestselling Shocked by the Bible (Thomas Nelson, 2008), Joe Kovacs points readers to key, meaty Biblical facts and ideas, connecting the Scriptural dots to explain some of the Bible's most fascinating facts. The goal? For readers to grow spiritually, perfect their personal characters, and come to a greater understanding about what God intends for His childreneternal life, provided they adhere to the Bible's code for living in this physical world.
A few of the surprising biblical facts Joe Kovacs explains:
- The Bible as the likely origin for the fear of the number 13 as well as Friday the 13th
- Prayers that are detestable to God
- Biblical themes secretly embedded in Hollywood movies and TV shows such as The Matrix, Star Wars, The Big Short, Blade Runner, The Shawshank Redemption, Groundhog Day, The Truman Show, and The Walking Dead
- The disturbing truth behind the little drummer boy
- The horrifying origin of Yule logs
- God's serious problem with "every green tree" used to worship Him
- The Bible's most shocking statement and why it's avoided and suppressed by most pastors
- Satan's destiny―it's is not what most people think
- The three words of Jesus that most Christians don't believe
- The destiny of unrepentant evildoers that's completely different from what most churches teach
- The resurrection no one talks about
- Judgment Day―it does NOT mean that everyone is thrown into a fire
- The reason God allows evil that many pastors don't even know about
|Product dimensions:||6.10(w) x 9.10(h) x 1.10(d)|
About the Author
Joe Kovacs is a Bible-believing Christian and author of the #1 best-seller, Shocked by the Bible: The Most Astonishing Facts You've Never Been Told, which is the prequel to this book, and The Divine Secret, which also hit #1 on Amazon.com. He's an award-winning journalist and broadcaster who’s run newsrooms in television, radio, and online for more than 30 years, both in the United States and overseas. A frequent media guest, Kovacs has appeared on "The O'Reilly Factor" on the Fox News Channel as well as on countless radio programs across America and the world, including "The Michael Savage Radio Show."