|Product dimensions:||5.36(w) x 8.20(h) x 0.58(d)|
About the Author
M. Blaine Smith (M.Div., Wesley Theological Seminary; D.Min., Fuller Theological Seminary) is an ordained Presbyterian minister who lectures widely on topics of guidance and God's will, Christian living, and personal growth. A frequent guest on Christian radio programs, Smith has also appeared twice on The 700 Club. His lectures have been recorded for Guidance by the Book, part of a home-study course produced by the Christian Broadcasting Network.
In 1978 Smith founded Nehemiah Ministries with the goal of "helping Christians understand God's guidance in their lives and realize their personal potential." The organization's bimonthly newsletter, seminars, articles, books (many of them available from InterVarsity Press) and website have benefited many Christians around the world!
Table of Contents
Part One: Setting Your Sights
1. The Search for Perspective
2. Does God Want Me to Be Married or Single? Part Two: God's Guidance & the Marriage Decision
3. Does God Have One Ideal Choice for Me?
4. How Can I Know God's Will?
5. Can I Be Certain? Part Three: Choosing a Spouse
6. Do You Feel Deep Compassion for the Other Person?
7. Are You Good Friends?
8. Are You Both Ready for Marriage?
9. Are You Physically Compatible?
10. Are You Intellectually Compatible?
11. Are You Spiritually Compatible?
12. Are You Emotionally Compatible?
13. Are Your Expectations Compatible?
14. Finally DecidingPart Four: Should I Remarryor Marry Someone Divorced?
15. Remarriage: A Gift of God with Special Challenges
16. Paul's Balanced Counsel on Remarriage
17. Meeting the Challenges, Beating the StigmasPart Five: Confronting the Fear of Commitment
18. Understanding the Fear of Commitment
19. When the Problem Is Your Partner's
20. When the Problem Is Your Own
Appendix 1: To Date or Not to Date
Appendix 2: Vows for the Imperfect Marriage
About the Author