Simple Network Management Protocol
Four lies in one acronym?
It's baroque. It's arcane. And it's everywhere.
SNMP is one of those system management skills that people acquire by experience, stumbling through one horrid implementation after another and counting their knowledge by their scars. SNMP Mastery is your guide to the secret landscape of one of computing's most mysterious tools.
You will understand:
- What makes SNMP simple
- When to use SNMP, and when not to
- How to use SNMP securely
- Objects, MIBs, and OIDs
- using the net-snmp management toolkit
- efficient queries
- proxies, SMUX, and AgentX
- View-based Access Control Model (VACM)
- extending the net-snmp agent
- logging, traps, and notifications
Stop stumbling through the SNMP minefield. Read SNMP Mastery today!