A pocket-sized gift book packed with patriotic facts for ordinary Americans and history buffs alike.
This handbook is the perfect patriotic present for any engaged United States citizen. Who played the first game of baseball? What’s a bicameral congress? Where did Mount Rushmore come from? Who is Geronimo and why do we yell his name when we jump? Plus:
• All about the Declaration of Independence
• Ten Books Every American Should Read
• Assassination Attempts on U.S. Presidents
• The History of the Statue of Liberty
• How to Bake the Perfect Apple Pie
About the Author
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
I bought this book last year as a gift for a friend and then bought a copy for myself. So many interesting and fun facts that I never learned in school. Nice little quiz at the end also. I do also like that it is hardcover in a size you can easily carry around. Will be ordering another copy for a friend who I'm sure will enjoy.