The Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Classic Book496
The Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Classic Book496
Scott doesn't just show you which sliders do what (every Lightroom book does that, right?). Instead, he shares his own personal settings, his time-tested techniques, and his proven step-by-step method of learning Lightroom, so you can begin using it like a pro from the start.
Each year, he trains thousands of Lightroom users at his live seminars, online conferences, and through his blog at LightroomKillerTips.com, and he has learned firsthand what really works and what doesn't. He tells you flat-out which techniques work best, which ones to avoid, and why.
- His famous SLIM (Simplified Lightroom Image Management) system that will teach you, step by step, how to organize your images, back them up, and be able to find them quickly and easily. Scott's SLIM system is taught at colleges and universities around the world, because it's so simple, straightforward, and it works.
- How to make your images look like the pros, and how to take advantage of the camera, creative, and B&W profiles—you'll finally "get" the whole image editing thing, and you'll know exactly what to do, which sliders to move (and which to avoid) in what order, and why.
- How to unlock the power of Lightroom's Masking tools and how to "paint with light" to take your images to another level.
- How to use Lightroom along with Photoshop, and how to make the two work together absolutely seamlessly. You'll be surprised at what you'll be able to do, even if you've never used Photoshop before.
- How to expand Lightroom's power to your phone or tablet, so you can organize and edit your images from anywhere.
- How to share your images in print and in gorgeous coffee table books, or online, including how to do online client proofing or share images with a group.
- Download most of the same images used in the book to follow right along with.
- You'll get a killer collection of custom Lightroom Develop and Print presets to give you some of the most sought-after looks and effects, all with just one click.
This is the first and only book to bring the whole process together in such a clear, concise, and visual way. There is no faster, more straight-to-the-point, or more fun way to learn Lightroom.
Related collections and offers
|Series:||Voices That Matter|
|Edition description:||3rd ed.|
|Product dimensions:||7.90(w) x 9.90(h) x 1.10(d)|
About the Author
Scott is an award-winning photographer, designer, and bestselling author of more than 100 books, including Photoshop for Lightroom Users; The Landscape Photography Book; Light It, Shoot It, Retouch It; The Adobe Photoshop Book for Digital Photographers; The Flash Book; The Natural Light Portrait Book; and his landmark, and The Digital Photography Book, which is the #1 top-selling book ever on digital photography.
His books have been translated into dozens of different languages, including Chinese, Russian, Spanish, Korean, Polish, Taiwanese, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Hebrew, Dutch, Swedish, Turkish, and Portuguese, among many others. He is a recipient of the prestigious ASP International Award, presented annually by the American Society of Photographers for “…contributions in a special or significant way to the ideals of Professional Photography as an art and a science,” and the HIPA award, presented for his contributions to photography education worldwide.
Scott is Conference Technical Chair for the annual Photoshop World Conference and a frequent speaker at conferences and trade shows around the world. He is featured in a series of online learning courses at KelbyOne.com and has been training photographers and Photoshop users since 1993.
For more information on Scott, visit him at:
His Lightroom blog: lightroomkillertips.com
His personal blog: scottkelby.com
Facebook: facebook.com/skelbyInstagram: @scottkelby
Table of ContentsChapter 1 Importing: Getting your photos into Lightroom
Chapter 2 Getting Organized: My System for a happy Lightroom life
Chapter 3 Advanced Stuff: The next level of importing & organizing
Chapter 4 Customizing: How to set up Lightroom your way
Chapter 5 Getting Your Color Right: If your color's not right..it's wrong
Chapter 6 Getting Your Exposure Right: The essential editing stuff
Chapter 7 Painting with Light: The brush & other masking tools
Chapter 8 Special Effects: Making stuff look...well...special!
Chapter 9 Problem Photos: Dealing with common image problems
Chapter 10 Exporting: Saving as a JPEG, TIFF, and more
Chapter 11 LR with Photoshop: When and how to use Photoshop with Lightroom
Chapter 12 Photo Books: Creating your own coffee table book
Chapter 13 Printing: Unlocking the power of the print
Chapter 14 Going Mobile: Using Lightroom on your phone or tablet
Explore More Items
An off-duty Coast
Clayton Deese looks like a small-time criminal, muscle for hire when his loan shark
#1 New York Times bestselling author John Sandford's “haunting, unforgettable, ice-blooded thriller”* that introduced Lucas Davenport...
The killer was mad but brilliant.
A savage psychopath is playing cat and mouse with Lucas Davenport. But both killer and detective find themselves at odds with a female investigator who has intensely personal reasons for catching the
Evil crept into Dave Robicheaux's bayou world one night and destroyed the woman he loved. Now it's threatening the life of his innocent child.
New Orleans Detective Dave Robicheaux has fought
Vietnam vet Dave Robicheaux has turned in his detective’s