The Compendium of Forgotten Secrets: Awakening is a supplemental content expansion for the 5th Edition tabletop roleplaying game. Unleash power unlike any other, and change the fate of the world!
Within these pages are seventeen eldritch forces, known as Alrisen, that will tempt players with power and curse them with dark magic. Each offers two unique character subclasses, and some offer a unique player-character race option. It also contains over 80 new spells, 100 warlock invocations, 17 familiars, 17 feats, and dozens of magical items. Carefully designed and balanced by a community of expert content creators, the mechanics presented within will feel right at home at your table.
This content was created with one goal: Inspire fun and exciting roleplaying opportunities while providing crunchy, effective rules that will highlight the experiences players are looking for! Lovingly illustrated by a team of incredible artists, journey into a world created by your own imagination and see how the dice determine your fate.
Whether you decide to build and preserve with the Eternal Citadel, bring ruin with the Accursed Archive, maintain the balance in service to the Warrior-Saint, let it all burn at the Ashen Wolf's side, forget your past through the Weaver of Lies, or make a pact with one of the twelve other Alrisen, you'll find party members to join you on your wild adventures!
Each Alrisen acts as an Otherworldly Patron, granting power to warlocks who join their service. Other classes also gain a total of seventeen new options, such as the monk's Path of the Noble Serpent or the bard's College of Harbingers. These add new player options for everyone at the table, and offer new opportunities for character development.
Players are not alone, however. As a game master, you'll gain dozens of pages of interesting lore and roleplaying tips that will help you make the Alrisen your own. Re-imagine the Wild Huntsman as a cursed sword of frost, or have your Perfect Chord be the world's most talented musician, all while maintaining the compelling themes that drive their individual motivations and personal quests.
Here's a full list of the Alrisen Otherworldly Patrons, the non-warlock subclass associated with them, and the races that they have created:
- The Accursed Archive - Barbarian: Path of the Accursed - The Maledicti
- The Ashen Wolf - Sorcerer: Ashen Lineage - The Ashenspawn
- The Blackthorn Grove - Sorcerer: Blackthorn Lineage - The Groveborn
- The Currency Conspiracy - Paladin: Oath of Avarice
- The Eternal Citadel - Fighter: Timeless Monumental - The Statuesque
- The Fallen Exile - Monk: Way of the Black Star - The Luminari
- The Forbidden Graveyard - Rogue: Graverobber
- The Gelatinous Convocation - Wizard: Esoteric Plasmology - The Oozian
- The Gray Portrait - Bard: College of Portraiture
- The Keeper of the Depths - Wizard: Dream Cartography
- The Perfect Chord - Fighter: Discordant
- The Serpent Empress - Monk: Way of the Noble Serpent - The Imperial
- The Shadowcat - Barbarian: Path of the Mercurial - The Nocturne
- The Storm Lord - Bard: College of Harbingers - The Heraldic
- The Warrior-Saint - Paladin: Oath of Judgement
- The Weaver of Lies - Rogue: Spidertouched - The Arachi
- The Wild Huntsman - Ranger: Hound of the Huntsman
Each of these captures core themes from human nature, such as loss, regret, victory, judgement, valor, depression, vanity, slavery, rebellion, dominance, and joy, among countless others.
Inspire adventure with The Compendium of Forgotten Secrets: Awakening!
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
An absolutely top notch supplement for D&D 5th Edition. Immersive and world-shaping lore, an abundance of player and DM options, and all perfectly balanced to play alongside official content at any table. William Hudson King has done a remarkable job of creating a piece of work that rivals any other 3rd party publisher, such as Kobold Press or Green Ronin. In addition to all other accolades this piece of work could be showered with, one of its most impressive accomplishments is that it is a product of a thriving community of hobbiest game designers. As each piece of work was released, it was sent to the community to illicit feedback, vet balance, and for overall impressions. It's been shaped and reshaped over a long time into the finalized, polished piece of work that is available to you today. Genuine Fantasy Press is a force to be reckoned with in the 3rd party market and shows no signs of slowing down on producing high quality, professional level content.