Want it by Friday, September 28?
Order by 12:00 PM Eastern and choose Expedited Shipping at checkout.
Same Day shipping in Manhattan. See Details
Live the cruising life without being wealthy!
Thousands of ordinary people are living their dreams of sailing the world thanks to The Cruising Life, and this completely updated Second Edition aims to help thousands more find adventure over the horizon. Even if you’ve never sailed before, this A-to-Z guide can have you cruising to exotic ports within five years.
Your adventure begins right at home, practicing to live a sensible life with only the essentials, as described by lifelong sailor Jim Trefethen, who relishes the cruising life in retirement. Along your path to living at sea, Jim prepares you to:
- Discuss the pros, cons, and realities of the cruising life with your spouse
- Save and maintain the best type of cruising fund to meet your goals
- Strip away your anchors, including useless possessions, credit card debt, and your job
- Manage, grow, and protect your cruising fund while at sea
- Develop essential skills for living on the water, and how to earn an income selling those skills
- Find the boat you need, outfitted with the essential gear and equipment, in your price range
- Assimilate into the sailing community by developing the traits of a successful cruiser
If you think age, experience, and money can keep you from the cruising life, you haven’t read The Cruising Life, Second Edition.
|Publisher:||McGraw-Hill Professional Publishing|
|Product dimensions:||7.40(w) x 9.30(h) x 1.10(d)|
About the Author
Jim Trefethen has been a serious boater for the 40 years. He is the author of Woodenboat Renovation and Inflatable Boats.
Table of Contents
Introduction/Chapter 1: So You Want to Go Cruising/Chapter 2: Profiles of the Cruising Community/Chapter 3: Should You Go Cruising?/Chapter 4: The Decision to Go/Chapter 5: Cruising without at BoatMeet the Cruising Kitty/Chapter 6: Feeding the Kitty/Chapter 7: Planning Departure/Chapter 8: Life Aboard/Chapter 9: OK, Let’s Buy a Boat/Chapter 10 Communications and Electronics (blogging, internet, etc. )/ Chapter 11: Commence Cruising/Chapter 12: Food and the Cruising Galley/Appendices: Resources/Index