Combining the Sanskrit words "ayur" (life) and "veda" (knowledge), Ayurveda is an ancient Indian practice for living that dates back thousands of years. Ayurveda promotes a mind-consciousness-body balance that, when in perfect alignment, results in improved health, outlook, and attitude. This is the optimal guide for families interested in Ayurveda, with information on:
- The history of Ayurvedic medicine in India
- Discovering individual "doshas," or personality types
- Incorporating Ayurvedic foods into your everyday diet
- Yoga and exercise techniques for each "dosha"
- Meditation and relaxation tips for the whole family
About the Author
Heidi E. Spear, MA, ABD, is an author and teacher who leads workshops on creative expression, yoga, meditation, energy healing, stress relief, the yoga of Shakespeare, and the law of attraction. She has graduate degrees in comparative literature and the arts from Washington University in St. Louis and New York University. Her meditation CD, Universe, is available on iTunes. You can visit her website at HeidiSpear.com.