"If we get 400 followers, John Hobson will solve that nasty wolf-murder case for free! Fight the thing himself if he has to! #HobsonVsWolf!"
Angelina Choi was only trying to drum up some Twitter followers and make a good impression on her first day interning at John Hobson's one-man detective agency.
But the campaign went viral and now they have a murder to solve, no money coming in, and an unwilling Hobson faced with battling some enormous beast.
With both follower and body counts rising, can they crack the case without offending everyone or being eaten by a huge dog?
The Girl Who Tweeted Wolf is the first case starring Hobson & Choi, a bickering, mismatched detective duo for 21st century London. This book collects the debut storyline of the hit darkly comic crime web serial, extensively rewritten and improved for this definitive edition.
Also included: book-exclusive bonus story The Left Hand Is Always Right, grim tale from a dark corner of Hobson & Choi's London - The Left Hand, budget pub of crime.
Praise for Hobson & Choi:
- "This is one of my must-read serials. If you enjoy mystery, a bit of crudeness, and dark humor, Hobson and Choi is definitely a serial you should check out." - Colleen Vanderlinden, author of Hidden
- "I’d definitely recommend this story to mystery enthusiasts, especially those who favor dark humor." - Palladian, author of Super
- "H&C is just plain fun... Even when it’s being grim and ghastly, it’s still packed full of wit." - Dan Weatherley, author of The New Devil
- "By turns serious and darkly funny... my hat's off to the author."
- "Witty and just a bit gross!"
Related collections and offers
About the Author
Nick Bryan is a London-based writer of genre fiction, usually with some blackly comic twist. As well as the almighty detective saga Hobson & Choi, he is also working on a novel about the real implications of deals with the devil and has stories in several anthologies. More details on his other work and news on future Hobson & Choi releases can be found online at NickBryan.com or on Twitter as @NickMB. Both are updated with perfect and reasonable regularity. When not reading or writing books, Nick Bryan enjoys racquet sports, comics and a nice white beer.