How to lose weight and feel greatManhattan-style!
New York women are surrounded by more four-star restaurants than any other city on the planet, not to mention a pizzeria on every block and a donut cart on every corner. They enjoy it all and yet somehow they manage to look so damn good. What's their secret? They have a whole lot of them, it turns out:and now women (and men) everywhere can learn to lose weight, eat, and live the way New Yorkers doand enjoy the same results. The Manhattan Diet reveals how real-life New York women think about dieting and how they eat, shop for food, cook, order in restaurantseven how they splurge and remain in gorgeous, fit condition. Drawing on the stories of real Manhattan women plus wisdom from top nutritionists, The Manhattan Diet offers a detailed weight-loss program and 28-day eating plan. There are also recipes from the city's most celebrated chefs. This diet has glamour, chocolate, and waist-trimming tips. What else would you expect from the most fabulous women in the world?
- Includes stories of Manhattan celebrities like Anna Wintour, Sarah Jessica Parker, and Julianne Moore
- Gives you a complete diet program and easy-to-follow meal plans
- Shares the secrets and weight-loss success stories of real New York women
- Includes recipes from celebrated Manhattan-based chefs, such as Mario Batali and Eric Ripert
|Publisher:||Turner Publishing Company|
|Edition description:||First Edition|
|Product dimensions:||6.10(w) x 9.40(h) x 1.10(d)|
About the Author
Table of ContentsAcknowledgments v
1. Forget the French: How We Act 5
2. A Manhattan State of Mind: How We Think 13
3. Dark Chocolate, Almonds, and Discipline: How We Eat 34
4. Grocery Love: How We Shop 59
5. Walk the Walk, Talk the Talk: How We Exercise 78
6. The Manhattan Diet Weight-Loss Plan: How We Got This Way 95
7. White Truffle Risotto and Other Dilemmas: How We Order in Restaurants 142
8. Okay, We Cheat: How We Break the Rules 157
9. Expert Handling: How We Get Help 172
10. Confident in the Kitchen: How We Cook 183
11. A Spoonful at a Time: The Manhattan Diet Recipes 200
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
If I see one more diet book on the shelf I will scream. If there are so many people writing about how to diet, how come there are so many fat people in the world and obesity is a #1 health problem in this country.