Suitable for readers aged 3 and up.
A wonderful & whimsical tale – the perfect read-aloud for bedtime or snuggle time!
“Marla Little’s pumpkin is rolling away! Can she catch it before it’s gone forever? Readers both young and young at heart will delight in this lovely, whimsical tale.“ –BookBub
On a windy autumn day, Marla Little comes running down the hill, yelling, “Help! My giant pumpkin is rolling away! Onward it goes, rolling and turning, with no sign of stopping! Diddle-dee-doo! Oh, what shall I do?”
A little girl chases her giant pumpkin all over town with some help along the way. Featuring a cast of delightful characters with big expressions and beautifully illustrated with memorable scenes, you’ll love reciting “Diddle-dee-doo! Oh, what shall I do?” together with your little pumpkin.
It’s perfect for teaching sequencing to preschool and kindergarten children, and it’s a fun way to introduce your little one to nostalgic characters such as the butcher, the milkman, and so on. Older preschoolers or kindergarteners may enjoy retelling the story. Try asking your little one who’s running after the pumpkin and to guess what will happen next!
The book is exquisitely illustrated by award-winning Italian illustrator Daniela Volpari. Every page is a beautiful work of art, making this one of those picture books whose images will linger long after you've turned the page.
The Roll-Away Pumpkin is:
- Recommended for children between 3 and 8 years.
- A delightful and whimsical children’s picture book for early and beginner readers.
- Written with repeating sentence structures to capture young listeners’ attention and give early readers confidence.
- Beautifully illustrated with exquisite autumn hues, brimming with expression and humor that small children will love.
- A charming little story that teaches the joy of helping one another and sharing.
- Entertaining: The book is full of funny situations that are sure to elicit plenty of giggles.
- Perfect for teaching sequencing to preschool and kindergarten children at home or in the classroom.
|Product dimensions:||8.50(w) x 8.50(h) x 0.25(d)|
|Age Range:||2 - 7 Years|
About the Author
When she's not doing either of these, you might catch her whispering to dragonflies, chasing rolling pumpkins, traveling the world with a giant wheel of cheese, or simply having a cup of tea and cake with a caterpillar, a clever little rat, a camel, a lonely pony, a couple of riotous retired neighbors, and some school kids who, like her, believe that bullying is not cool at all.
She sincerely hopes you enjoy reading her books as much as she enjoys writing them.
To find out about her books and random musings, visit her at www.juniawonders.com.
Don't forget to download your GIFT at www.juniawonders.com/gift and be the first to get updates on her upcoming books, discounts, and giveaways.
Table of Contents
This is a children's picture book with 36 pages.