A camping getaway can be a great bonding experience for the whole family. Planning and careful preparation will guarantee the most favorable experience for everyone.
1. Write down a checklist of what you'll need to pack for the holiday. Be practical, pack light and only take what's really necessary.
2. Always bring along a first-aid kit. This should be foremost consideration because you never know when any emergency might strike you or your family.
3. Mother Nature might not be a quick provider during sudden crisis so you cannot rely on a steady supply of wood from her. Bring along a fuel stove and fuel lantern to aid you in preparing meals at night and in finding your way through the dark.
4. Any dried out material can catch fire easily. Keep in mind to build your campfire on a bed of sand by digging out dirt from an area that's clear from dried logs, stumps and vegetation.
5. Never forget to put out your fire before going to bed. Cover it with sand and douse with water to make certain that embers are totally extinguished.
The key to a most enjoyable camping getaway is to keep things simple. For the convenience of all, ask everyone to help out with tasks and to look out for one another's safety.
|Publisher:||Josephine W. Mancha|
|Sold by:||Barnes & Noble|
|File size:||62 KB|