This inductive Bible study, THEREFORE, reveals:
- who Jesus said He is
- how He fulfilled the Old Covenant
- who He is from the perspective of His Biblical, Jewish culture
- who the apostles and the writers of the Epistles said He is,
- and what our response should therefore be.
These studies call us to
- believe God’s truths revealed in the past
- eagerly expect the Messiah’s return in the future
- therefore live out His indwelling life, today.
- also explore why the Church and the Jewish people have become so divided
THEREFORE alerts us to our own chapter of Man’s redemptive history as it draws to completion, perhaps soon.
THEREFORE works fine as a stand alone Bible study, but was written as the third in a Bible study series preceded by ALL and IN. Jesus revealed that the Old Testament was ALL about Himself. The New Testament reveals His enabling presence living IN the believer. THEREFORE our lives are to be lived out in accordance with these marvelous realities.
This study is meant for those who want to dig deeper into the Word to the very foundation of our faith. The author, a former medical missionary to Ethiopia and Sudan and wife of a physician, has recently used this book to lead many Bible study groups with adults of all ages, even as young as in their 20s, and has found that they are fascinated with what they learn.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR:
Kay and her husband, Dr. Charles Bascom, worked together as a team repeatedly in overseas medical missions in Ethiopia and Sudan, accompanied by their three young sons. Kay wrote Hidden Triumph in Ethiopia about the believers’ experience during the Marxist Revolution, which pushed out westerners. Later, while Charles served as a physician at Kansas State University, they taught Bible courses together, focused upon tracing the Messiah throughout the Scriptures. Their in-depth study, The Messiah Mystery, grew out of those courses, followed by Kay’s shorter inductive studies, All, IN, and THEREFORE. Kay continues to live in Manhattan, Kansas after Charles’ recent Home-going.
If you desire a deeper understanding of God’s redemption plan, as well as the role you play in it, then you will benefit from this book. Therefore, is not only a word study, but it’s also a reminder of what is required of believers in response to what has been done for them. Bascom asks readers “to commit to examining the facts, [to] engaging his/her faith, and [to]conforming his/her life experience in response.”
-- E. M. Gregory
Kay Bascom's THEREFORE study is a must for all believers. This study challenged me to deepen my walk with the Lord and truly study what He has done and continues to do among the Jewish people. Much of her study I had never encountered before and I did not even realize my own cultural misconceptions that I had bought into it until I dived into this study. Kay challenges the reader to think deeply about God’s word and to renew your heart and mind in alignment with His Scripture. I am truly changed and walking closer with the Lord as a result of this study and I highly recommend it for anyone who wants to grow deeper in the Word.
-- a young mother, Ashley Poland
|Publisher:||Olive Press Messianic and Christian Publisher|
|Edition description:||Large Print|
|Product dimensions:||5.50(w) x 8.50(h) x 0.34(d)|
Table of Contents
- FOREWORD STUDY SUGGESTIONS
- THE SIGNIFICANCE OF THE PACKED WORD “THEREFORE”
- THE ULTIMATE MOTIVATION FOR “THEREFORE” RESPONSES
- “THEREFORE” FACTS FOR ALL, JEWISH OR NOT
- ENTER THE HOLY SPIRIT, AND THEREFORE THE “IN” REALITY
- “THEREFORES” AFTER YESHUA’S FULFILLMENT OF THE OLD COVENANT
- WHY THE SPIRIT LED THE ROOT TO THEREFORE ACCEPT BRANCHES
- WHY JEWISH/GENTILE DISUNITY THEREFORE DEVELOPED
- WE ARE THEREFORE THE MESSIAH’S AMBASSADORS
- THEREFORE EXPECT WARFARE AND SUFFERING
- THE SURE EXPECTATION OF HIS COMING IS THEREFORE OUR COMFORT
- THE GOAL TOWARD WHICH ALL THE “THEREFORES” HAVE LED
- THEREFORE, IN THE MEANTIME . . .
- Appendix A Foreshadowing in the Word
- Appendix B THE FEASTS
- Why Study The Feasts?
- The Feasts on the Biblical Calendar
- Visualizing the Feasts According to the Agricultural Cycle
- Visualizing the Feasts by the Yearly “Remembering”
- Visualizing Feasts Historically (an eschatological view)
- Appendix C THE TABERNACLE
- The Tabernacle and Temple’s Intricate Foreshadowing of Messiah Yeshua’s Indentiy, Work, and Significance
- The Tabernacle Details
- Tracing Tabernacle Meanings Throughout the New Testament
- Appendix D Visualizing the Word
- Appendix E Conserving the Word Appendix F Suggested Reading/Bibliography