Trucking Life was written for anyone interested in the world of trucking, whether you simply have a passing interest or you are someone who is considering truck driving as a career. There is a link to a free audiobook version included. The book is over 200 printed pages.
The author, who has been a trucker since 1997, describes the trucking lifestyle through the use of stories and humor. The goal is to keep you amused while you're learning instead of boring you like your 7th grade History teacher did.
Many of these stories include his wife of over 20 years and co-driver for 9, whom he lovingly refers to as The Evil Overlord. And yes, she knows and approves of that nickname, so what's that tell you?
Topics included in Trucking Life are:
• How much money can you make?
• Who makes a good trucker?
• What's it like to drive a big rig?
• Can you be away from home?
• How will you handle downtime on the road?
• How does your home time work?
• Can you handle the long driving hours?
• What's it like to sleep in the truck?
• What about health issues?
• What about personal hygiene?
• How are women truckers treated?
• What are the job qualifications?
• Will I have job security?
These are just some of the questions that will be answered for you. If you read about all these things and decide truck driving may work for you, you'll need to know the process of becoming a truck driver, so it also covers:
• Choosing and attending a driving school
• Finding a great job
• Going to orientation class
• Hitting the road with a trainer
• A day in the life of a trucker
|Sold by:||Barnes & Noble|
|File size:||289 KB|
About the Author
Todd is a Christian who won't shove it down your throat, an uncle of four obnoxious, but loveable nephews, an unapologetic Apple fan boy, and a golfer who loves it so much that he spends an extra couple of hours looking for his ball every round.
Todd also does the Trucker Dump podcast/blog and is the author of two books about trucking; "Trucking Life" and "How to Find a Great Truck Driving Job."