Valuation and Sale of Residential Property is aimed at all those studying for a qualification or already practising as residential valuers, surveyors and estate agents. It provides valuable information on all elements of the home sales process, enabling professionals to give advice on market value, the best means for sale, condition and financial arrangements. Topics covered include:
- determinants of value and provision of the valuation
- agency, auction and taking instructions
- mortgage valuation and survey
- legal process and types of tenure
- investment and return.
The author considers these topics against a background of wide legislative change and draws on the standard guidelines set down by the RICS and NAEA. This third edition, written at a time of rapid change in the home-selling market, details the processes and procedures for dealing with this ever-evolving market. Whatever your level of seniority, this book will help you stay ahead of the game and present sound advice to clients at any stage of the process.
|Publisher:||Taylor & Francis|
|Product dimensions:||5.50(w) x 8.50(h) x 0.62(d)|
About the Author
David Mackmin is Professor of Property Studies at Sheffield Hallam University. He has served on various committees of the RICS including the Valuation Faculty Board and has acted as an examiner for the NAEA.
Table of Contents
1. Residential Property and the Determinants of Value 2. The Effect of Physical Factors on Value 3. Residential Property Valuation 4. Residential Agency 5. Taking on Residential Property for Sale 6. Sales by Auction 7. Selling New Homes 8. Mortgages and Mortgage Valuations 9. Other Residential Surveys 10. The Legal Process 11. Leasehold Residential Property 12. The Desirable Plot 13. Home Improvements 14. Investing in Residential Property 15. Valuation for Other Purposes Appendices: 1. The Rent Charges Act 1977 2. The Nature and Use of Valuation Tables 3. RICS Residential Estate Agency Practice Statement (1997) 4. RICS Mortgage Valuation Specification 5. The RICS Homebuyer Survey and Valuation (HSV) Report Form