“Like being deemed a witch hundreds of years ago, being presumed a slut today is cause for ostracism, abuse, and death.” . . . Archetypes of “witch” and “slut” have been used to police female sexuality and punish women; now, feminists are reclaiming them as positive affirmations. This book unearths the sex positive feminist legacy of the witch in art, music, politics, and popular culture, connecting the fictional witch we love to emulate and fear with real women, past and present.
Kristen J. Sollee is instructor at The New School and founding editrix of Slutist, an award-winning sex positive feminist website.
Related collections and offers
|Publisher:||Stone Bridge Press|
|Sold by:||Barnes & Noble|
|File size:||2 MB|
About the Author
Table of Contents1. Introduction
2. What Is A Witch?
3. Witch Quiz/Witch Lexicon
4. Witch Slut Are You? The Medieval To The Modern
5. Art Witch
6. The Midwife
7. Political Witch
8. Tricks of the Tongue: Language As Spell
10. Salem’s Legacy
11. Sex Witch: Broomsticks To Chakrubs
12. The Spell of Seduction: Sex Work&The Sacred Whore
13. Queer Witch
14. Undressing The Witch: Fashion&Film
15. Selling Out The Witch
16. The Feminine Mystic: Pagan Practitioners
17. Tech Witch: The Digital Mystical