This item is not eligible for coupon offers.
A fill-in book from the San Francisco Writers’ Grotto, authors of the best-selling 642 Things series. Focus on a single aspect of the craft of writing with help from the San Francisco Writers’ Grotto. Writing Dialogue begins a foreword by author and educator Shanthi Sekaran, who offers pointers for creating believable speech in your fiction. The rest of the book consists of prompts and space to write, providing opportunities to explore how dialogue can bring your characters and plotlines to life. Among other ideas, you’ll be asked to write speech for:
- a pent-up confession of love
- a family’s reaction when dinner is ruined
- a job interview in which the interviewee has all the power
- a first date that is going well (and then not so well)
- a toast at dinner party, honoring someone who has wronged you
- Paperback with textured cover stock, flaps, and a lay-flat binding
- Advice from a published writer, followed by fill-in prompts and space to write
- Part of a collection of single-subject writing prompt books by the San Francisco Writers’ Grotto
About the Author
The San Francisco Writers’ Grotto is a community of writers that was founded in 1994. It now has more than 100 members who share workspace and teach classes in downtown San Francisco. Shanthi Sekaran’s recent novel, Lucky Boy, was an NPR Best Book of 2017. She teaches creative writing in the San Francisco Bay Area.
San Francisco, CA