A completely natural, safe, tried and tested diet and exercise program to treat and prevent scoliosis!
The second edition is revamped with the latest research and containing over 90 images of exercises demonstrated by professional trainers.
It provides the basis for Dr. Lau's program: Part 1 highlights current medical knowledge on Scoliosis, Part 2 outlines an in-depth nutritional program, and Part 3 teaches corrective exercises.
IN THIS BOOK YOU WILL:
• Uncover the most recent research on the true causes of scoliosis
• Discover how bracing and surgery treat merely the symptom not the root cause of scoliosis
• Find out what latest treatment work, what doesn't and why
• The most common symptoms scoliosis sufferers have
• How a quick scoliosis assessment of a teenager can help with their quality of life in later years
• Discover how lack of proper nutrition creates illness in our bodies and affects the normal growth of the spine
• The only book in the world that treats scoliosis by controlling how scoliosis genes are expressed
• In-depth understanding of how muscles and ligaments work on the common types of scoliosis
• Customize an exercise routine unique to your scoliosis to suit even the busiest schedule
• What are the most effective exercises for scoliosis and what should be avoided at all cost
• Tips and tricks to modify your posture and body mechanics to decrease scolisosis back pain
• The best sitting, standing and sleeping postures for scoliosis
• Learn from others with scoliosis in inspirational stories and case studies
With painstaking research and years of practice, Dr. Lau separates fact from fiction. In this book, he busts popular myths, one by one, and explores what approach works, what alternatives a scoliosis patient has and how it is possible to create a comprehensive plan to achieve peak physical and spinal health.
Inspired by the extraordinary resilience of the Aboriginal groups of Australia and native African tribes that rarely suffer from scoliosis, Dr. Lau prescribes an easy-to-follow, clinically proven program that harks back to what our bodies were originally designed for and need to survive on. This book will set you on the path to total recovery by simply following the three-step process.
"Modern medicine, alone, has failed to effectively manage the condition of Scoliosis," said Dr. Lau. "The treatment program I designed combines ancient wisdom with modern research and technology, culminating in the best overall results. Today, as a practicing chiropractor and nutritionist, I am more certain than ever that scoliosis, and other disorders, can be prevented and treated effectively."
About the Author
Dr Kevin Lau is the founder of Health In Your Hands, a series of tools for Scoliosis prevention and treatment. The set includes his book Your Plan for Natural Scoliosis Prevention and Treatment and An Essential Guide for Scoliosis and a Healthy Pregnancy (both available in English, Spanish, Chinese, Japanese, Italian, Korean, Indonesia, French and German), a companion Scoliosis Exercises for Prevention and Correction DVD, and the innovative iPhone, iPad and Andoid application ScolioTrack. Dr Kevin Lau is a graduate in Doctor of Chiropractic from RMIT University in Melbourne Australia and Masters in Holistic Nutrition from Clayton College of Natural Health in USA. He is a member of International Society On Scoliosis Orthopaedic and Rehabilitation Treatment (SOSORT), the leading international society on conservative treatment of spinal deformities and the American Chiropractic Association (ACA) the largest professional association in the United States. He was the first in Singapore to provide a non-surgical treatment for scoliosis by studying the Schroth Method of Exercises and then working in a clinic which implemented Clear Institute Methods. During this time he has been devoted to developing, practicing, and teaching others about non-surgical solutions for scoliosis. He has completed 3 thesis on "Scoliosis and Exercise", "Scoliosis and Nutrition" and "The role of calcium and vitamin D in the prevention of low bone density and Adolescent Idiopathic Scoliosis (AIS) in prepubertal women." Hi books have been translated to Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Indonesian, Italian, Spanish, French and German. Educating patients from all walks of life and around the world some were as young as 7 while others as old as 91. He is a recipient of the Best Health-care Provider Award by the Straits Time, the leading newspaper publication in Singapore and featured on PrimeTime Channel News Asia.