** Download this book today and create and navigate through a simple 3D World with Unity in no time **
7 Reasons Why You Need This Book:
- You will gain the skills and confidence to get started with Unity.
- Unity is a Powerful software that makes it possible to create games and 2D/3D environments and to export them to multiple platforms.
- This book will show you exactly how to become more comfortable with Unity, using simple and clear steps.
- All sections follow a clear and logical progression.
- You can use this book even if you never created games (or used Unity) before.
- The method used in this book has been tried-and-tested in previous books (average rating of 4.5 out of 5 stars on Amazon).
- All important steps are illustrated with both text and screenshots.
What You Will Learn
You will learn how to:
- Master Unity's Interface.
- Create a simple 3D world by combining basic shapes.
- Navigate the 3D World using a First- or Third-Person Controller.
- Export your game for the web.
How You Will Learn
Using this book, you will learn a lot and fast thanks to:
- A tried-and-tested method already successfully employed with over 1000 students all over the world.
- Quizzes and challenges at the end of each chapter to test your knowledge and to inspire you for your next game.
- Plenty of screenshots for the important concepts so that you see how it is done.
- A corresponding video course, if you need it, that shows you exactly how things are done.
- A Facebook group of like-minded people who are there to help you if you have any question.
- A structure that makes it possible for you to learn at your own pace and build your confidence.
Some Frequently-Asked Questions Answered
- What do I need to follow the book: you just need to have Unity installed (you can download it for free from http://unity3d.com).
- I don't have a Kindle device: this book can be read on any PCs or Macintosh computer using Kindle Reader (it's free).
- I have never created games before: I will teach you everything from zero.
- What if I still find it too difficult: In my 5+ years of experience in teaching games development and programming, I have, developed a system that works for most students, even those who thought they could never code; so I can guarantee that, regardless of your background, you will make great progress with this book.
This book will get you started with Unity in no time; so if you really want to create and publish your own game: download this book now!
|File size:||4 MB|
About the Author
Patrick Felicia is a lecturer and researcher at Waterford Institute of Technology, where he teaches and supervises undergraduate and postgraduate students. He obtained his MSc in Multimedia Technology in 2003 and PhD in Computer Science in 2009 from University College Cork, Ireland. He has published several books and articles on the use of video games for educational purposes, including the Handbook of Research on Improving Learning and Motivation through Educational Games: Multidisciplinary Approaches (published by IGI), and Digital Games in Schools: a Handbook for Teachers, published by European Schoolnet. Patrick is also the Editor-in-chief of the International Journal of Game-Based Learning (IJGBL), and the Conference Director of the Irish Symposium on Game-Based Learning, a popular conference on games and learning organized throughout Ireland.