Get it by Friday, April 27
, Order by 12:00 PM Eastern and choose Expedited Delivery during checkout.
Same Day delivery in Manhattan. Details
Between Men: English Literature and Male Homosocial Desire by Eve Kosofsky Sedgwick
Introducing a new generation to the book that changed humanities scholarship.
About the Author
Eve Kosofsky Sedgwick is the author of Tendencies, The Coherence of Gothic Conventions, and Epistemology of the Closet.
Table of ContentsIntroduction i. Homosocial Desire ii. Sexual Politics and Sexual Meaning iii. Sex or History?
iv. What This Book Does
1. Gender Asymmetry and Erotic Triangles
2. Swan in Love: The Example of Shakespeare's Sonnets
3. The Country Wife: Anatomies of Male Homosocial Desire
4. A Sentimental Journey: Sexualism and the Citizen of the World
5. Toward the Gothic: Terrorism and Homosexual Panic
6. Murder Incorporated: Confessions of a Justified Sinner
7. Tennyson's Princess: One Bride for Seven Brothers
8. Adam Bede and Henry Esmond: Homosocial Desire and the Historicity of the Female
9. Homophobia, Misogyny, and Capital: The Example of Our Mutual Friend
10. Up the Postern Stair: Edwin Drood and the Homophobia of Empire
Coda: Toward the Twentieth Century: English Readers of Whitman
What People are Saying About This
Catharine R. Stimpson
"One of the most influential texts in gender studies, men's studies and gay studies."