OM SHRI GANESHAYA NAMAH
Birth of Ganesha
Ganapati, the son of Shiva and Parvati.
A prayer to Ganesha precedes all worship and he is the most popular and loved of the gods of the Hindu religion. A child is first introduced to learning with a prayer to Ganesh, the fountain head of wisdom.
Ganesha is the remover of obstacles in oneâ??s path, the guarantor of success in all ventures. It is believed that one who worships him need never fear failure. He gives knowledge to the seeker of wisdom, prosperity to those who search for worldly gains, progeny to the childless and the path of moksha (salvation) to those in search of spiritual liberation.
Ganesha is addressed in hymns and prayers by many names, sometimes eight, sometimes twelve, sometimes sixteen, sometimes thirty-two. Most popularly he is addressed as Ganapati or Ganesha.
1. Vakratunda of the twisted trunk
2. Ekadanta, having but one tusk
3. Krishna Pingaaksha, one with dark, reddish brown eyes
4. Gajavaktra, having an elephantâ??s mouth
5. Lambodara, one with a fat belly
6. Vikata, of the monstrous figure
7. Vighnaraja and Vighneshwara, the king and lord of obstacles as also Vighnaharta or Vishnanaashin, the destroyer of abstacles
8. Dhoomravarna, his smoke colored body
9. Phaalchandra, sporting the moon crest
10. Vinayaka, remover of hindrances
11. Ganapati or Ganesh, lord of the ganas or celestial hordes
12. Gajaanana is the one with the face of the elephant
A common prayer to Ganapati beseeches him thus:
(You of the twisted trunk and the massive body
With the dazzle and light of millions of suns
Lead me on a path that has neither obstacles nor hindrances
Clearing the way in all that I do ever and always!)
Birth of Ganesh, a book designed by Arvinda Khatri is a book on how Lord Ganesha was born. On the inside left pages are shown eight different Ganapatiâ??s each with their names underneath. Whereas, there are some attributes of Ganesh shown as well, such as axe, shankha (conch), trident, paasha (noose) and ankusha (elephant goad) with the temple motif surrounding it.
|Sold by:||Barnes & Noble|
|File size:||7 MB|