Dating can be fun, but it's not easy. Meeting people is just one concern. Once you've met someone, then what? What do you build? Nothing, a simple friendship, or more? How do you set smart limits on physical involvement? Financial involvement? Individual responsibilities?
Respected counselors, popular radio hosts, and bestselling authors Henry Cloud and John Townsend apply the principles described in their Gold Medallion Award-winning Boundaries to matters of love and romance. Helping you bridge the pitfalls of dating, Boundaries in Dating unfolds a wise, biblical path to developing self-control, freedom, and intimacy in the dating process. Boundaries in Dating will help you to think, solve problems, and enjoy the journey of dating, increasing your abilities to find and commit to a marriage partner.
Full of insightful, true-life examples, this much-needed book includes such topics as:
- Recognizing and choosing quality over perfection in a dating partner
- How to ensure that honest friendship is one vital component in a relationship
- Preserving friendships by separating between platonic relationships and romantic interest
- Moving past denial to deal with real relational problems in a realistic and hopeful way
- . . . and much more!
Plus, check out Boundaries family collection of books dedicated to key areas of life - marriage, raising kids, parenting teens, and leadership. Workbooks and Spanish editions are also available.
|Product dimensions:||5.26(w) x 7.96(h) x 0.64(d)|
|Age Range:||18 Years|
About the Author
Dr. John Townsend is a nationally known leadership consultant, psychologist, and author, selling over 10 million books, including the New York Times bestselling Boundaries series. John founded the Townsend Institute for Leadership and Counseling and the Townsend Leadership Program. Dr. Townsend travels extensively for corporate consulting, speaking events, and to help develop leaders, their teams, and their families. John and his family live in Southern California and Texas. Visit Dr Townsend.com.
Table of ContentsCONTENTS
Part 1: You and Your Boundaries
1. Why Boundaries in Dating?.....25
2. Require and Embody Truth.....35
3. Take God on a Date.....49
4. Dating Won’t Cure a Lonely Heart.....71
5. Don’t Repeat the Past.....77
Part 2: Whom Should I Date?
6. What You Can Live With and
What You Can’t Live With.....91
7. Don’t Fall in Love with Someone
You Wouldn’t Be Friends With.....107
8. Don’t Ruin a Friendship Out of Loneliness.....121
9. Beware When Opposites Attract.....133
Part 3: Solving Dating Problems: When You’re Part of the Problem
10. Adapt Now, Pay Later.....151
11. Too Much, Too Fast.....159
12. Don’t Get Kidnapped.....173
13. Kiss False Hope Good-bye.....187
14. Boundaries on Blame.....203
Part 4: Solving Dating Problems: When Your Date Is the Problem
15. Say No to Disrespect.....219
16. Nip It in the Bud.....233
17. Set Appropriate Physical Limits.....239
18. Set Up a Detention Hall.....257