Run your entire corporate IT infrastructure in a cloud environment that you control completely—and do it inexpensively and securely with help from this hands-on book. All you need to get started is basic IT experience.
You’ll learn how to use Amazon Web Services (AWS) to build a private Windows domain, complete with Active Directory, enterprise email, instant messaging, IP telephony, automated management, and other services. By the end of the book, you’ll have a fully functioning IT infrastructure you can operate for less than $300 per month.
- Learn about Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) and other AWS tools you’ll use
- Create a Windows domain and set up a DNS management system
- Install Active Directory and a Windows Primary Domain Controller
- Use Microsoft Exchange to set up an enterprise email service
- Import existing Windows Server-based virtual machines into your VPC
- Set up an enterprise-class chat/IM service, using the XMPP protocol
- Install and configure a VoIP PBX telephony system with Asterisk and FreePBX
- Keep your network running smoothly with automated backup and restore, intrusion detection, and fault alerting
|Publisher:||O'Reilly Media, Incorporated|
|Product dimensions:||6.90(w) x 9.10(h) x 0.50(d)|
About the Author
Dave started his career designing and developing software applications and information systems to carry sensitive data over both wired and wireless networks for clients such as the U.S. Army, the Treasury Department, the Secret Service, and the National Guard Bureau. For his work, Dave received a civilian commendation from the U.S. Army.In 1997, Dave founded one of the first business divisions in the U.S. to develop custom applications for the Palm. His success at developing a solution for synching data between handheld devices and corporate back-end systems led to the creation of RiverBed Technologies in 1998. Riverbed's Scout™ software was eventually licensed to nearly every major manufacturer of handheld devices in the world. In 2000, Dave was named a Mobile Innovator of the Year by Mobile Computing Magazine.
Table of Contents
- Chapter 1: To the Cloud!
- Chapter 2: Directories, Controllers, and Authorities—Oh My!
- Chapter 3: Let There Be Email!
- Chapter 4: Doing Things the Easy Way
- Chapter 5: Do You Have Some Time to Chat?
- Chapter 6: The Voice of a New Generation
- Chapter 7: Keeping Your Network Fit, Trim, and Healthy
- Chapter 8: For Those About to Grok, We Salute You