Buying Time begins where most other retirement books end. Instead of covering how to accumulate money for your retirement, it gives you direction from that point forward-how to draw upon your assets most efficiently to create the income you will need throughout retirement. It provides an integrated approach to planning your income in retirement, so that you can do everything you want and still cover everything you need.
Buying Time will help you to make better use of your resources, and make the best of your prime retirement years.
- Explains how to set your lifestyle objectives and plan for the best use of your money in retirement.
- Cover different strategies for different stages of retirement, so that you can make the best of your prime years while still providing for contingencies and long-term health considerations.
- Fully updated, this revised edition includes information on: adjustments in tax rates and tax credits; new and amended tax legislation; major changes to the pension income-splitting rules; new financial products and investment options for people in retirement; and more.
- A proven, integrated, four-part approach to retirement planning: structuring and planning income, investing during retirement, health-risk management, and wealth transfer.
- Offers advice on how to work with an advisor to create and implement a plan that's right for you.
- Includes practical examples, illustrations, forms, and checklists.
Buying Time offers practical, proven strategies that readers can apply at every stage of retirement, from the "golden years' to the "olden years."
|Sold by:||Barnes & Noble|
|File size:||2 MB|
About the Author
Table of ContentsPart One: In Preparation
Chapter 1: Fundamentals of the Prime Approach
Part Two: The Four Planning Controls
Chapter 2: The Structural Plan
Section 1: Government Retirement Benefits
Section 2: Pension Plans and Locked-In Accounts
Section 3: Registered Retirement Savings Plans (RRSPs) and Registered Retirement Income Funds (RRIFs)
Section 4: Non-Registered (Open) Assets
Chapter 3: The Investment Portfolio
Chapter 4: Health-Risk Management
Chapter 5: Wealth Transfer
Part Three: Putting the Prime Approach to Work
Chapter 6: Conclusion
Author Contact and Workshop Information
What People are Saying About This
"This book unlocks the secrets to a richer, more fulfilling retirement. I highly recommend it."
— Gordon Pape, Author of 6 Steps to $1 Million
"If you expect to retire earlier, live longer, and do more in retirement— while covering off health care costs and inheritance objectives— this book is for you. Daryl Diamond has a delightful and important new message regarding retirement income planning, written especially for boomers and their parents."
— Evelyn Jacks, Bestselling Tax Author and President of the Knowledge Bureau