Designed to bring the fun of Cryptic Crosswords to more Canadians and Americans
Welcome to Can-Am Cryptics - 40 challenging, entertaining puzzles. As the title suggests, Canadians and Americans are the target audience for this book. Of course, even if you are British, with considerably more experience in cryptic crosswords, you will enjoy working on these puzzles.
The title should assure you that these puzzles do not employ
• the more difficult twists and turns of British puzzles
• knowledge of all things British
• British abbreviations (like 'RA' for 'soldier' - I use 'GI')
• arcane words - only words I know appear in a puzzle
• colloquialisms not used in North America
Contains full explanations of solutions, a quick refresher on how to do cryptics, and a special feature 'KEYED-ANSWER-LOOKUP' to allow lookup of a single answer if you are stuck.
|Product dimensions:||8.50(w) x 11.02(h) x 0.17(d)|
About the Author
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
A very good cryptic puzzle book. Not too easy and not too hard with lots of variety. I hope she writes another cryptic puzzle book.