In Chicago Street Cop, you will:
• Learn what it feels like to walk through the wreckage of the worst aviation disaster in America's history--collecting bodies and body parts.
• Go behind the scenes as McCarthy, wired by the FBI, is bribed by an organized crime figure to protect a secret gambling den in Chinatown.
• Get an insider's view into the life of a big city undercover cop buying drugs in a violent housing project.
• Ride along with McCarthy's FBI squad as they try to stop a gang war.
• Read about what it's like to be a SWAT team member in a two-day standoff with a cop killer.
With a gritty and no-holds-barred narrative, Chicago Street Cop is a vivid reminder of the risks and choices that members of law enforcement face daily as they keep the general public safe from harm.
|Publisher:||Pat McCarthy Productions, Inc.|
|Sold by:||Barnes & Noble|
|File size:||10 MB|
About the Author
Pat McCarthy had one of the most amazing careers in law enforcement history. His twenty-six years in law enforcement included working a high-crime south side district, and special ops handling unique assignments such as a sniper on the SWAT Team of the Chicago Police Department.
His experiences also included five years as an undercover cop in Chicago's Gang Crimes Unit. McCarthy worked eleven years as a special federal investigator with a top-secret security clearance with the FBI, deputized by the U.S. Marshals Service to work on three separate federal task forces.
Asian Organized Crime and Asian Gangs were McCarthy's specialty for six years. He was a two-term president of The International Association of Asian Crime Investigators, working cases all across the U.S. and Canada.
McCarthy developed and teaches “Street Crimes,” the fastest growing law enforcement training seminar in the country, and produced the Street Cop DVD training series. Both can be viewed at StreetCrimes.com.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
This book is written a bit uneven; nonetheless, it is enjoyable, informative and I enjoyed reading it. Sam Cradberry
Great TRUE stories! Pat was able to put all of his emotions and fast paced judgment calls into words. As the back cover reads, take a ride along with McCarthy... I truly felt as if I was on a ride along with him and each of his different partners. I got to know them as well and got the true vibes of each scenario Pat and his team were involved in. I felt like I was his backup while he was undercover buying drugs in the projects. One can only hope they have a "Johnny Taylor" on their team. Chicago Street Cop opens your eyes to the hard work and dedication cops offer each day while putting their life on the line. Can't wait for the next book!!