This introductory textbook solidly situates Christian education in the church and ministry context of the 21st century. With over 20 years of ministry, teaching, and leadership experience, Freddy Cardoza is uniquely qualified to bring together a wide range of Christian educators. This volume features the expertise of 25 evangelical scholars of Christian education, including diverse, next-generation voices in the field. It provides balanced biblical-theological and practical perspectives for church and parachurch leaders, equipping them to meet the ever-changing needs of our world. Additional resources for professors and students are available through Textbook eSources.
|Publisher:||Baker Publishing Group|
|Product dimensions:||7.00(w) x 9.25(h) x 0.00(d)|
About the Author
Freddy Cardoza (PhD, Southern Baptist Theological Seminary) is dean of Grace Theological Seminary and dean of the School of Ministry Studies at Grace College in Winona Lake, Indiana. He served for eight years as executive administrator of the Society of Professors in Christian Education (SPCE).
Table of Contents
Introduction Freddy Cardoza
Part 1: Educational Foundations
1. Biblical-Theological Foundations of Christian Education Octavio Javier Esqueda
2. Historical Foundations of Christian Education Kevin E. Lawson
3. Philosophy of Christian Education David P. Setran
4. Personal Foundations of Christian Education Jonathan H. Kim
5. Practical Foundations of Christian Education Paul G. Kelly
Part 2: Educational Theory
6. Learning Theory William R. Yount
7. Educational Taxonomies, Part 1: Analysis and Design in Teaching and Learning Megan G. Brown and Shelly Cunningham
8. Educational Taxonomies, Part 2: Development, Implementation, and Evaluation in Teaching and Learning Megan G. Brown and Shelly Cunningham
9. Educational Methodology Ken Coley
10. Transformational Teaching Gregory C. Carlson
Part 3: Educational Administration
11. Organizational Administration James Riley Estep Jr.
12. Discipleship Jason M. Lanker
13. Mobilizing Volunteers Keith R. Krispin Jr.
14. Digital Learning in Christian Education James T. Flynn
15. Executive Leadership Jane Carr
Part 4: Educational Ministries
16. Family Ministry Holly Catterton Allen
17. Ministry with Children Leon M. Blanchette Jr.
18. Ministry with Youth David Odom
19. Emerging Adult Ministry Chris Kiesling
20. Adult Ministry Randall L. Stone
Part 5: Educational Specializations
21. Christian Spiritual Formation Mark A. Maddix
22. Ministering in Specialized Settings Cheryl Fawcett
23. Parachurch Christian Formation Jim Dekker
24. Christian Schooling Karen Lynn Estep
25. Christian Higher Education John David Trentham