From Dr. Alejandro Junger, author of the New York Times bestsellers Clean and Clean Gut, comes Clean Eats, a cookbook featuring over 200 delicious, easy-to-prepare, healthy recipes all aimed at helping you restore your natural ability to heal yourself.
In Clean, New York City cardiologist Dr. Alejandro Junger provided a life-changing program to aid common ailments resulting from toxins in the standard American diet and chemical-filled environments. Now Dr. Junger's in-demand recipes are available in Clean Eats, a cookbook that takes the program straight to the kitchen and allows readers to start eating Clean today.
Beginning with a comprehensive introduction that outlines what Clean eating means, Clean Eats presents over 200 recipes tailored to Clean, Clean Gut, Elimination, vegetarian and Paleo diets, including daily meal plans and detailed nutritional information. Whether you suffer from digestive problems, depression or anxiety, unwanted pounds or simply less-than-stellar health, Dr. Junger provides recipe ideas that can help build your health from the inside out.
Clean has already transformed the lives of millions, and with Clean Eats, it's never been easier to jumpstart the journey to a healthier way of life.
|Product dimensions:||7.60(w) x 9.20(h) x 1.40(d)|
About the Author
Alejandro Junger, M.D., is the New York Times bestselling author of Clean. Dr. Junger completed his training in internal medicine at New York University Downtown Hospital and his fellowship in cardiology at Lenox Hill Hospital in New York City. In addition, after completing his medical training, Junger studied Eastern medicine in India. He lives in Los Angeles.
Table of Contents
How to Use This Book 5
Creating Your Clean Kitchen 9
The Big Picture: Seven Essays on Clean Eating 23
What Is Clean Eating? 24
Food Is Information 26
Cook More 28
Master Five 30
Live More 35
Recipes by Chef Frank Giglio 37
Breakfast Ideas 41
Salads, Sauces, and Dressings 63
Sides, Starters, and Snacks 95
Fish Poultry 133
Soups and Stews 223
Shakes, Elixirs, Drinks, and Tonics 245
Our Programs 289
21-Day Clean Cleanse Meal Plan 291
21-Day Clean Gut Meal Plan 292
7-Day Clean Refresh Meal Plan 293
The Charities 295
Nutrient Analyses of Recipes 305
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
I will not lie to anyone I was hesitant to begin the Clean Program two months ago as I assumed that it would be complicated, time consuming and expensive. I am still celebrating the weight that I lost using the Hungry Chick. Now that I have lost the weight, over 15 pounds, I wanted to start eating healthier. But again, I had my doubts and now, I realize that I couldn't have been more wrong about the Clean books. I have found the recipes easy, straight forward and delicious. A few healthy tweaks to my usual pantry items and 60% of the recipes are covered. For the other 40% I have gone out of my way to purchase and use the somewhat unusual ingredients the recipes have called for but have enjoyed the experience of learning to prepare foods that I would have never attempted to use before. My copy of Clean is dog eared and well used and it looks as my new copy of Clean Eats will be the same in short order. Love it!