Get Off to a Fast Start in College!
Avoid Pitfalls! And Do Well the First Year and Beyond!
And Do Well the First Year and Beyond!
College Survival & Success Skills 101, rich with anecdotes from students across the nation, is essential for any student who wants to improve time-management and study skills, boost a college GPA, get along with roommates, stay on track to graduate, become a world traveler with opportunities such as study abroad and find scholarships and awards to shrink the tuition bill.
Not only does College Survival & Success Skills 101 show you how to pack your college years with career-building experiences that can lead to graduate and professional schools clamoring to admit you and employers offering multiple job opportunities; this easy-to-use resource also shows you how to avoid many of the pitfalls on a college campus and still have fun.
Whether you're a college bound high school student, an interested parent or a currently enrolled college student, College Survival & Success Skills 101 is a navigational tool you can't do without. College Survival & Success Skills 101 is also a great resource for first generation and at-risk college students.
College Survival & Success Skills 101, Third Edition includes the following chapters and more:
- Using Campus Resources to Address Special Issues, Situations, or Problems
- Choosing a Major
- Getting the Most from Your Classes and Your Professor
- On Track To Graduate: Time Management and Staying on Schedule
- Strategies for Boosting Your GPA and Developing Good Study Habits
- Getting Internships, Cooperative Education and Other Learning Experiences Beyond the Classroom
- The International Experience
- Life After Class
- Getting Along with Roommates
- Romantic Relationships
- Networking and Professional Development
- The Student Entrepreneur
- Handling Credit Cards – Keys to Graduating With Little or No Debt
- Student Loans And Your Future
- Getting More Financial Aid To Finish College
- I Am So Lonely Being Away From Home. What Can I Do?
- Top 10 College Pitfalls And Essential Tips For College Survival
- Social Media – Can It Help Or Hurt Your College Life?
- Top 10 Reasons You Should Get An Internship
- College Prep For High School Students
- Navigating College And Opportunities For First Generation Students
Related collections and offers
|Publisher:||The Scholarship Workshop LLC|
|Sold by:||Barnes & Noble|
|File size:||741 KB|
About the Author
Marianne Ragins received a master of business administration (MBA) from George Washington University in Washington, DC and a bachelor of science (BS) degree in business administration from Florida Agricultural and Mechanical University in Tallahassee, Florida. Both degrees were entirely funded by scholarships and other free aid.
Marianne Ragins is also the author of the highly successful Winning Scholarships for College: An Insider's Guide and many other publications. She is an experienced motivational speaker and lecturer who has traveled nationally and internationally conducting The Scholarship Workshop presentation and giving other motivational seminars and speeches. Marianne is the publisher of www.scholarshipworkshop.com, a scholarship and college information site, and sponsor of the Leading the Future II and Ragins Braswell National Scholarships.