Computer and Information Security Handbook, Third Edition, provides the most current and complete reference on computer security available in one volume. The book offers deep coverage of an extremely wide range of issues in computer and cybersecurity theory, applications, and best practices, offering the latest insights into established and emerging technologies and advancements.
With new parts devoted to such current topics as Cloud Security, Cyber-Physical Security, and Critical Infrastructure Security, the book now has 100 chapters written by leading experts in their fields, as well as 12 updated appendices and an expanded glossary. It continues its successful format of offering problem-solving techniques that use real-life case studies, checklists, hands-on exercises, question and answers, and summaries.
Chapters new to this edition include such timely topics as Cyber Warfare, Endpoint Security, Ethical Hacking, Internet of Things Security, Nanoscale Networking and Communications Security, Social Engineering, System Forensics, Wireless Sensor Network Security, Verifying User and Host Identity, Detecting System Intrusions, Insider Threats, Security Certification and Standards Implementation, Metadata Forensics, Hard Drive Imaging, Context-Aware Multi-Factor Authentication, Cloud Security, Protecting Virtual Infrastructure, Penetration Testing, and much more.
Online chapters can also be found on the book companion website:
- Written by leaders in the field
- Comprehensive and up-to-date coverage of the latest security technologies, issues, and best practices
- Presents methods for analysis, along with problem-solving techniques for implementing practical solutions
|Edition description:||New Edition|
|Product dimensions:||8.50(w) x 10.87(h) x (d)|
About the Author
John Vacca is an information technology consultant, researcher, professional writer, Editor, reviewer, and internationally-known best-selling author based in Pomeroy, Ohio. Since 1982, John has authored/edited 79 books (some of his most recent books include):
- Security in the Private Cloud (Publisher: CRC Press (an imprint of Taylor & Francis Group, LLC) (September 1, 2016))
- Cloud Computing Security: Foundations and Challenges (Publisher: CRC Press (an imprint of Taylor & Francis Group, LLC) (August 19, 2016))
- Handbook of Sensor Networking: Advanced Technologies and Applications (Publisher: CRC Press (an imprint of Taylor & Francis Group, LLC) (January 14, 2015))
- Network and System Security, Second Edition, 2E (Publisher: Syngress (an imprint of Elsevier Inc.) (September 23, 2013))
- Cyber Security and IT Infrastructure Protection (Publisher: Syngress (an imprint of Elsevier Inc.) (September 23, 2013))
- Managing Information Security, Second Edition, 2E (Publisher: Syngress (an imprint of Elsevier Inc.) (September 23, 2013))
- Computer and Information Security Handbook, 2E (Publisher: Morgan Kaufmann (an imprint of Elsevier Inc.) (May 31, 2013))
- Identity Theft (Cybersafety) (Publisher: Chelsea House Pub (April 1, 2012))
- System Forensics, Investigation, And Response (Publisher: Jones & Bartlett Learning (September 24, 2010))
- Managing Information Security (Publisher: Syngress (an imprint of Elsevier Inc.) (March 29, 2010))
- Network and Systems Security (Publisher: Syngress (an imprint of Elsevier Inc.) (March 29, 2010))
- Computer and Information Security Handbook, 1E (Publisher: Morgan Kaufmann (an imprint of Elsevier Inc.) (June 2, 2009))
- Biometric Technologies and Verification Systems (Publisher: Elsevier Science & Technology Books (March 16, 2007))
- Practical Internet Security (Hardcover): (Publisher: Springer (October 18, 2006))
- Optical Networking Best Practices Handbook (Hardcover): (Publisher: Wiley-Interscience (November 28, 2006))
- Guide to Wireless Network Security (Publisher: Springer (August 19, 2006))
He has written more than 600 articles in the areas of advanced storage, computer security and aerospace technology (copies of articles and books are available upon request).
John was also a configuration management specialist, computer specialist, and the computer security official (CSO) for NASA's space station program (Freedom) and the International Space Station Program, from 1988 until his retirement from NASA in 1995.
In addition, John is also an independent online book reviewer. Finally, John was one of the security consultants for the MGM movie titled: "AntiTrust," which was released on January 12, 2001. A detailed copy of Johns author bio can be viewed at URL: http://www.johnvacca.com. John can be reached at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Table of Contents
1. Information Security in the Modern Enterprise 2. Building a Secure Organization 3. A Cryptography Primer 4. Verifying User and Host Identity 5. Detecting System Intrusions 6. Intrusion Detection in Contemporary Environments 7. Preventing System Intrusions 8. Guarding Against Network Intrusions 9. Fault Tolerance and Resilience in Cloud Computing Environments 10. Securing Web Applications, Services and Servers 11. Unix and Linux Security 12. Eliminating the Security Weakness of Linux and Unix Operating Systems 13. Internet Security 14. The Botnet Problem 15. Intranet Security 16. Wireless Network Security 17. Wireless Sensor Network Security 18. Security for the Internet of Things 19. Cellular Network Security 20. RFID Security 21. Information Security Essentials for IT Managers, Protecting Mission-Critical Systems 22. Security Management Systems 23. Policy-Driven System Management 24. Social Engineering Deceptions and Defenses 25. Ethical Hacking 26. What Is Vulnerability Assessment? 27. Security Education, Training, and Awareness 28. Risk Management 29. Insider Threats 30. Disaster Recovery 31. Disaster Recovery Plans for Small and Medium Business (SMB) 32. Security Certification And Standards Implementation 33. Security Policies And Plans Development 34. Cyber Forensics 35. Cyber Forensics and Incident Response 36. Securing eDiscovery 37. Microsoft Office and Metadata Forensics: A Deeper Dive 38. Hard Drive Imaging 39. Satellite Encryption 40. Public Key Infrastructure 41. Context-Aware Multi-Factor Authentication 42. Instant-Messaging Security 43. Online Privacy 44. Privacy-enhancing Technologies 45. Detection Of Conflicts In Security Policies 46. Supporting User Privacy Preferences in Digital Interactions 47. Privacy and Security in Environmental Monitoring Systems: Issues and Solutions 48. Virtual Private Networks 49. VoIP Security 50. Storage Area Networking Devices Security 51. Securing Cloud Computing Systems 52. Cloud Security 53. Private Cloud Security 54. Virtual Private Cloud Security 55. Protecting Virtual Infrastructure 56. SDN and NFV Security 57. Physical Security Essentials 58. Online Identity and User Management Services 59. Intrusion Prevention and Detection Systems 60. Penetration Testing 61. Access Controls 62. Endpoint Security 63. Fundamentals of Cryptography 64. Securing the Infrastructure 65. Cyber Warfare 66. Security Through Diversity 67. Online e-Reputation Management Services 68. Data Loss Protection 69. Satellite Cyber Attack Search and Destroy 70. Advanced Data Encryption Appendices (Online only)