Are you struggling to cut through the noise and convey your message to the marketplace?
Become your own media channel and tell your stories like a PR pro!
We live in a fast-paced, digital-first world cluttered with brands and individuals telling the world how great they are. It’s no wonder consumers are so cynical and distrustful. They resent being interrupted with meaningless ads, pitches and promotional messages. They simply don’t care about you or your business—because you haven’t given them a reason to.
Meanwhile, marketers and PR pros are beginning to accept that many of the methods they’ve been using to reach potential customers and influencers simply don’t work anymore.
Bottom line: Standing out, getting noticed and resonating in the marketplace is a growing challenge for businesses and organizations, large and small. Trust and reputation have never been more important in business.
Learn how to harness the power of both public relations and content marketing to build recognition, influence and credibility for your business, organization or personal brand.
In this book, veteran public relations practitioner and marketing speaker Trevor Young—aka “The PR Warrior”—shows you how to strategically use content marketing for PR to:
● Humanize your company or organization
● Deepen the connection your brand has with consumers
● Grow your influence within the industry you operate
● Build familiarity and trust in the marketplace
● Connect with the people who influence your clients and customers
● Increase new business leads and sales
● Reduce the customer’s buying cycle
● Make paid-for advertising work harder
Written for entrepreneurs, change agents, business leaders, marketers and PR practitioners, Content Marketing for PR is your essential guide to building a visible brand that’s recognized, respected and relevant in today’s noisy social world.
|Publisher:||Young Partnership Pty Ltd|
|Product dimensions:||6.00(w) x 9.00(h) x 0.80(d)|
Table of Contents
PART ONE: Think
1. Why You Should (and Shouldn’t) Read This Book
2. Calling BS on How the World Sees PR
3. Understanding What PR Is Today
4. Building a Communications Base Using Owned, Earned and Social Media
5. What Is Content Marketing and Why Does it Matter?
6. Content Marketing for PR versus Inbound Marketing
7. Dissecting Content Marketing for PR
8. Developing Your Own Content Marketing Philosophy
9. Leveraging the Four Dimensions of Content
PART TWO: Do
10. Developing your content marketing for PR strategy
11. Becoming your own media channel through blogging
12. Humanizing your brand through online video
13. Growing an audience through audio content
14. Using strategic micro-content to tell a bigger story for your brand
15. Premium signature content: Whitepapers, ebooks and special reports
16. Building a dynamic branded digital newsroom
17. Bringing your brand to life through social reporting
18. Write the book on it!
19. Events are content, too!
20. Spreading the love: Content distribution and amplification
21. SEO and content marketing for PR
22. Protecting your reputation through owned (and social) media
23. How owned media can lead to third-party editorial exposure
24. Measuring content marketing for PR
PART THREE: Inspire
25. FOCUS ON: The Goulet Pen Company
26. FOCUS ON: Trinity P3
27. FOCUS ON: Mark Masters/The ID Group
28. FOCUS ON Firebrand Talent
29. FOCUS ON: Cam McLellan/OpenCorp
- ENDNOTES -