Coupon Crazy examines the phenomena of avid coupon use and the socio-cultural and socioeconomic factors that construct it. By delving into the history of couponing, refunding, the science of shopping, and the dark underbelly of a coupon world the average American doesn’t even know existed, author Mary Potter Kenyon manages to both fascinate and educate the reader. Readers will meet today’s “Coupon Queens” (and Kings) and learn about an era when trash really was cash. Not just an observer of this ethnographic research, Mary lived it for over 30 years.
|Product dimensions:||6.00(w) x 9.00(h) x 0.69(d)|
About the Author
Table of Contents
- Foreword by Jill Cataldo
- Chapter One: The Making of a Coupon Commando
- Chapter Two: The Science of Shopping
- Chapter Three: Coupon Chronicles
- Chapter Four: Who Are the Coupon Crazy?
- Chapter Five: When Trash Was Cash
- Chapter Six: The Coupon Community
- Chapter Seven: Stop Thief! Drop That Coupon!
- Chapter Eight: The Refund Racket
- Chapter Nine: The Evolution of the Coupon
- Chapter Ten: Does Couponing Always Make Sense?
- Chapter Eleven: Coupon Queens and Coupon Kings
- Chapter Twelve: The Bottom Line
- Chapter Thirteen: Bare Bones Basics: Couponing 101
- Chapter Fourteen: References and Resources