The Court Office Assistant Exam is a version of three other exams: the Court Assistant, the Senior Court Office Assistant, and the Supervising Court Office Assistant exams.
The four exams share some types of questions. However, each exam has some questions that are unique to that exam. (The Court Assistant Exam, for example, usually does not have Alphabetizing and Coding questions, but does have Written Expression and Legal Terminology questions.
To be better prepared for the types of questions that may be asked on your exam, we have included the different types of questions that have been asked on all four recent exams.
Read your current exam announcement carefully and study only those types of questions which are listed in your exam announcement.
1. This book was prepared by Angelo Tropea, former Borough Chief Clerk of the Civil Court in Kings County and author of dozens of civil service exam preparation books. He has 30 years of experience in preparing candidates for exams - and 30 years of court experience!
2. The book covers in detail the types of questions asked and excludes material that is not relevant, such as general test-taking discussions about civil service and long discussions about benefits which do not help you attain a higher score.
3. The book contains valuable explanations and hints for each type of question, all based on experience and live classes conducted in prior years.
4. Carefully crafted exercises (with explanatory answers) are provided for practice and to increase proficiency and confidence.
5. A comprehensive practice exam is provided, with the answers explained.
6. The format of the book is that of a workbook, with formatted pages provided for the student to answer Filing and Court Record Keeping questions.
7. And on a personal note...
The author has five children who have successfully taken the Court Assistant, Court Office Assistant, and Senior Court Office Assistant exams. (Four started in the court system as Court Office Assistants - and one as a Court Assistant.)
Study with this valuable book - and prepare for success!