This item is not eligible for coupon offers.
Cycling on Form reveals the pro approach to cycling training.
Riding a bike faster takes more than just fitness. It takes skills that you can master to become a faster, stronger rider. In his new guide, former professional bike racer Tom Danielson shows how to transform your cycling from amateur to professional level with the fitness and time you have now.
Danielson reveals how the pros go beyond the modern standards of interval workouts, base-building, and recovery to train the whole athlete, mind and body. Danielson shows how to truly ride and train to the fullest through:
· Fitness: Self-tests to identify your riding strengths and weaknesses then focus on custom training to address them.
· Mental focus: The pros know that winning means using your head and your legs. You’ll get pro tips on big-picture goal setting and mid-ride concentration strategies to help you stay focused.
· Execution: Cycling is hard and executing a great ride when it matters takes practice. Danielson shares on-the-bike skills, efficient and powerful techniques, strategies to stay in the race, ways to finish with the lead group, and how to excel on a ride you’ve never done before.
· Nutrition: Pro riders put sports nutrition into daily practice. Danielson distills the facts of diet, food as fuel, and fueling to recover.
Too many cyclists train by trying to set new Strava PRs, only to get frustrated by the limited gains. There’s a better way. Cycling On Form unlocks a pro method for riding faster and stronger.
|Product dimensions:||7.00(w) x 9.00(h) x 0.75(d)|
About the Author
Tom Danielson is a former professional cyclist with consistent top 10 race results in elite stage races. Danielson kicked off his racing career winning the national collegiate mountain biking championship riding for Fort Lewis College. He began his pro road cycling career riding for Team Mercury and then Team Saturn. Danielson won the Tour de Langkawi, Nature Valley Grand Prix, the Cascade Cycling Classic, Tour de Toona, and the Mt. Washington Hill Climb. In 2004, Danielson signed on with the Italian squad Fassa Bortolo and then Discovery in 2005 when he won the Tour de Georgia. While riding for Discovery, Danielson won a stage of the Vuelta a España. Since 2007, Danielson has consistently placed in the top 10 in elite international and U.S. domestic stage races and Grand Tours, including stage wins in the 2011 Tour de France and USA Pro Cycling Challenge.
Table of Contents
Introduction: Common Frustrations of a Cyclist in Training
What Is Form?
The Beginnings of CINCH Coaching
1. THE FOUR PILLARS OF COMPLETE CYCLING PERFORMANCE
Focus: Mindset Strategies
Fitness: Strength, Speed, and Endurance
Execution: Neuromuscular Skills and Abilities
Nutrition: Fuel for Performance
The 4-Pillar Health Checkup Worksheet
2. THE 10 COMMANDMENTS OF THE FORM ATHLETE
You Are Not Your FTP
You Have to Go Low Before You Can Go High
Planning for Your Workout Is Part of Your Workout
Group Rides Do Not Count as Training
Averages Make You Average
Struggle = Growth, Ease = Practice
Chasing After Other Cyclists’ Abilities Pulls You Further Away from Improving Yours
You Create Motivation, You Don’t Find It
Consistency Is King
Never Sit Up: There’s Nothing Good Back There
3. WHAT TYPE OF RIDER ARE YOU?
Rider Type Quiz and Vision Worksheet
4. THE CLEAR PATH OF THE ON-FORM CYCLIST
The 10 Core Performance Qualities
Black Line Clarity and Worksheet
5. HOW TO TAKE CONTROL OF YOUR TRAINING AND RACING
Proactive Performance Chains
Reactive Performance Chains
6. YOUR PERFORMANCE ENGINE IN TEN POWER ZONES
The 10 PowerTrain Zones
Applying Your PowerTrain Zones
Tests to Determine Your PowerTrain Zones
Measuring Your Growth
Finding Out Where You Are: Using the Performance Predictor
The PowerTrain Zone Worksheet
7. INJURY-FREE CYCLING STRENGTH
Strength Training Workout Plan
8. THE 5-POINT APPROACH TO CREATING FASTER POWER
Body Position Worksheet
9. STRATEGY ON THE BIKE
Solo Ride Strategies
Group Dynamics Strategies
Offensive Attack Strategies
Defensive Attack Strategies
10. HIGH-PERFORMANCE NUTRITION
Macronutrient Composition Calculator
11. THE NUTRITION CLASSES
12. PUTTING IT ALL TOGETHER
Start the Quest to Master the Four Pillars
Quarterly Performance Checkup
The MISSION Levels System
Commons Pitfalls and How to Avoid Them
13. HOW TO GET STARTED
Guided Worksheet to Build a Training Plan and Strategy
About the Authors